Google Nexus 7 and Nexus 10 officially got Android 4.4 KitKat, it was almost released 3 days ago. At that time they announced it for Nexus 7 only Wi-Fi Edition but now it is also available for the 3G Variant as well as the Nexus 4. So now Nexus 4 users should be happy as the Factory image for Nexus 4 has also been officially released and can be downloaded from the Google Devevlopers Android site. By now many Nexus users should have got the Android 4.4 OTA Update Notifications on their devices but if in case you’re still unable to to get the OTA Update notification on your Nexus 4, 7 or Nexus 10, then follow this step by step manual installation guide, to update your Nexus 4, 7 or 10 to the latest Android OS, Which is obviously Android 4.4 KitKat.
Requirements and Guidelines:
1. Note that this is the Official Update and should not void your device warranty. However, this update is only for the Wi-Fi only variants of the Nexus 7.
2. Make sure you’ve already installed Stock Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on your Nexus 7 or 10.
3. You’ll need to configure or setup Android ADB and Fastboot Drivers on your PC first.
You May Read: How to Setup Android ADB and Fastboot Drivers on Windows?
4. Another important step, Enable USB Debugging on your Nexus 7 or Nexus 10 by going to Settings->Developers Options.
5. Flashing the factory image will probably wipe your internal memory, it is therefore recommended to Backup your data, before you move on further.
6. Last but not the least, Proceed at your own risk. Note that for installing the Android OS on your device, it is the safest way. But then you gotta be very careful with these things, Do not skip any step in the tutorial.
1. Click Here to Download Android 4.4 KitKat Update for Nexus 7 (2012 Wi-Fi Edition).
2. Click Here to Download Android 4.4 KitKat Factory Image for Nexus 7 (2012) 3G
3. Click Here to Download Android 4.4 KitKat Update for Nexus 7 (2013 Wi-Fi Edition).
4. Click Here to Download Android 4.4 KitKat Factory Image for Nexus 7 (2013) 3G
5. Click Here to Download Android 4.4 KitKat Update for Nexus 10
6. Click Here to Download Android 4.4 KitKat Factory Image for Nexus 4.
How to Manually Update Nexus 4, 7 and Nexus 10 to Official Android 4.4 KitKat Using the Factory Images
1. First of all make sure you’ve already installed the Android SDK or ADB and Fastboot Drivers on your PC. I am repeating again, if you do have important data on your device, then make an external backup of your data, otherwise you’ll loose it.
2. As you can see, above I have given the Download Links for Nexus 4, Nexus 7 (2012 and 2013 Model) and Nexus 10. Make sure you download the correct file for your specific phone or tablet. Double check your device model number and so on, when downloading the files.
3. You probably will need a file extracter to extract the download files on your PC.
4. Next, Reboot your device into Bootloader Mode by Holding and Pressing the Volume Up+Volume Down+Power buttons at the same time.
5. While in Bootloader Mode, Connect your phone or tablet to PC via the USB Cable.
6. Now head over to the extracted folders, Depending on your operating system, run the flash-all.bat or flash-all.sh files by double clicking it.
7. Finally follow the on screen instructions and wait until it compeletly flashes the Android 4.4 KitKat OS on your Phone or Tablet.
That’s it folks, I believe it was the easiest way to flash the Android 4.4 KitKat Factory images on your Nexus 4, Nexus 7 and Nexus 10. Hopefully on the other side of the mirror, things has just work for you and you’re enjoying the new tasty and choclaty Android KitKat on your phone. Do not forget to share your feelings and experience with in the comment section down below. For More Tips, Updates and Tutorial, Stay tuned to Android Central.