OmniROM is a new emerging Custom ROM Build for Android Phones and Tablets. Recently they released the Nightlies build of Android 4.4 KitKat for almost 15 Android devices, Fortunately which includes Galaxy Note 2. If you’ve got root access and you’ve already flashed the Custom Recovery then you can easily install the Android 4.4 KitKat on your Galaxy Note 2 LTE. Follow the below instructions to manually update your phone to Android 4.4 KitKat Using the OmniROM Custom Nightly ROM.
Guidelines and Requirements:-
1. Use this tutorial for only Galaxy Note 2 LTE. Do not try to flash these files on another variant of Note 2.
2. Make sure, you’ve already got Root Access and Custom Recovery (ClockworkMod or TWRP Recovery) is installed. We’ll be using the Recovery to Flash the Android 4.4 KitKat update.
3. Custom ROM installation, will always wipe and erase all data on your internal memory. Therefore it is always highly recommended that you Backup your data as well as take Nandroid Backup using the CWM or TWRP Recovery.
You May Also Read – How to Backup and Restore Nandroid Backup on Android?
Also Read – How to Backup EFS Folder on Samsung Android Phones?
4. Enable USB Debugging from Settings> Developers Options.
5. Before proceeding, Double check that you’ve got enough battery charge on your phone, I always recommends to have at least 80% battery charged.
6. Last but not the least, Proceed at your own risk.
You’ll have to first download the following files in order to successfully update your phone.
1. Click Here to Download Android 4.4 KitKat OmniROM for Galaxy Note 2.
2. Click Here to Download GApps zip package for Android 4.4 Custom ROMs.
Instructions: How to Flash OmniROM 4.4 KitKat Custom ROM for Galaxy Note 2 LTE
1. When Files are downloaded, Connect your phone to PC via USB Cable and move the files without extracting to the root folder of your internal/external storage.
2. Disconnect your phablet from PC and Boot it into Custom Recovery Mode:
– Switch Off your phone.
– Now Press and Hold the ‘Volume Up+Home+Power’ Buttons at the same time.
– Use Volume Up/Down buttons to navigate between options and Power button to select a specific option.
3. I am repeating again, you must take Nandroid Backup in order to have restore point, if in any case you’re failed or do not like this ROM, Using this you’ll be able to restore back to your current ROM.
4. Next, take the following actions to prepare your phone for new installations:
– Wipe data Factory Reset
– Wipe Cache Partition
– Go to Advance and Wipe Dalvick Cache
5. Finally, you can now proceed to update your phone:
– Select the Install Zip from SD Card
– Browse the OmniROM update file and Confirm
6. It will definitely take time to process and install the update, so wait.
7. Use the same method as Step 5, and flash the GApps zip file, which will install the Google Apps on your phone, i.e Google Play Store, Google Search and so on.
8. When all steps are completed successfully, head over to main Recovery Options and Reboot your phone using the Reboot option.
Your GN2 may take longer than normally it takes to boot, but it is just normal and there is nothing to be worried about it. Now Enjoy the tastiest and chocolatey Android 4.4 KitKat on your Galaxy Note 2 LTE. Hopefully on the other side, things went smooth and successful for you, without experiencing any errors, if you do so, feel free to let us know in the comment section. For More Update and Guides, do not forget to visit us back.