Android 4.4 KitKat is the new standard of Android OS, and is currently only released for Google Nexus devices. Like me, other Android Fans are very passionate for the new OS to be officially released for their specific android devices. Well, if you’re waiting for official, it can take up to 3 months or more to be officially released, but it does not mean, you can’t have Android 4.4 installed on your Android device. Thanks to many dedicated Android Developers that they released, Android 4.4 KitKat Custom ROMs for many Android Devices. Follow this step by step Custom ROM installation tutorial, to safely and sucessfully install the Android 4.4 KitKat on your Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 using the CM11 (CyanogenMod) custom build.
Guidelines and Requirements:
1. Warning!! This Custom ROM installation Guide is only for Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 Wi-Fi (P3110). Do not try to flash these files on another variant, it can brick your device.
2. Also, Make sure you’ve already got root access and ClockworkMod or TWRP Custom Recovery must be installed, using which we’ll be flashing the CM11 Custom Build.
3. Backup your data before you proceed further, otherwise you’ll loose all your data on your internal storage.
4. On your tablet, Navigate to Menu->Settings->Developers Options and Enable USB Debugging.
5. An important to be considered, Be sure you’ve got at least 80% Battery charge on your Galaxy Tab 2.
6. Last but not the least, Proceed at your own risk.
1. Click Here to Download CM11 for Galaxy Tab 2 7.o Wi-Fi (GT-P3110).
2. Click Here to Download GApps Zip Package for Android 4.4 Custom ROM.
How to Update Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 to Android 4.4 KitKat Using CyanogenMod 11 Custom Build
1. First of all connect your tablet to PC via the USB Cable and without extracting the downloaded files transfer it to the external storage like Micro SD Card.
2. Now Power Off your Tablet and Reboot it into Recovery Mode.
3. Do not skip this point:- Take Nandroid Backup of your Current ROM. Don’t Know? Click Here
4. Nandroid will help you to create Restore point for your current ROM and Settings, and if in any case you were unbale to successfully flash the ROM, then using the Nandroid Backup you’ll be able to Restore Back. So Hopefully you’ve already taken Nandroid Backup.
5. Now using the Recovery Options, Take the following actions:
- Wipe data factory reset
- Wipe cache partition
- Wipe dalvick cache
6. Now go back to main menu of Recovery Options on your tablet.
7. Next, Choose the option, ‘Install Zip from SD card’ or ‘Install’ on (TWRP Recovery) and Select the CM11 Zip Update Package you’ve just transferred earlier to your SD Card.
8. Finally wait for your device to completely flash the CM11 on your Galaxy Tab 2 7.0. Once it gets completed then follow the same procedure and Install the GApps zip package which will ultimately installs the Google Apps on your tablet.
9. At last, When all steps are successully done, Using the Recovery Option, Reboot your Tablet and wait for it to Reboot normally. It may take some time more than it usually takes, but don’t worry, it is just normal.
So that’s it, it was the easiest way to Flash Android 4.4 KitKat Custom ROM on your Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 Wi-Fi (P3110). Hopefully things went up perfect and smooth for you and let us know in the comment sections, if you’re facing any difficulty in flashing the CM11. Do not forget to visit us back for more Android Tutorials and Guides on Updates and Custom ROMs.