A good news for Samsung Galaxy Note II users, as they have recently received the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Update through OTA. According to the reports, so far it has been recived in India, but I am sure in the coming weeks other regions will soon receive the same update. Galaxy Note 2 was officially released with Android 4.1.2 since then it has never tasted the official 4.2.2 update, so it is a major system update for Note 2, which definitely will bring improvements in the overall performance, increased stability, bugs fixes and off course battery life will also improve. Other than these changes, Samsung has changed the UI similar to the one, you may find in the latest Galaxy Note III and Galaxy S4.
Android 4.3 Official Update for Galaxy Note II – Features Overview:
- GALAXY GEAR Support
- TRIM Support (Makes the device much faster)
- Samsung KNOX
- Samsung Wallet (Pre-loaded)
- Better RAM management
- Core UI elements updated to the ones on the Galaxy S4 (Galaxy S4′s theme all over)
- New Samsung Keyboard
- GPU drivers have been updated (Higher GPU benchmark scores)
- New Lockscreen: Multiple Widgets, improved ripple effect than Android 4.1.2, ability to change clock size and set a personal message
- New screen modes (From S4): Adapt Display and Professional Photo
- Driving mode
- Actionable notifications
- Move-to-SD-card feature
- New Camera mode : Sound and Shot
- New Additions in Notification Centre
- Completely revamped Settings UI (Tabbed interface – Exactly like the Galaxy S4)
- Implementation of Voice controls (Let’s you control various parts of the phone using voice commands – Galaxy S4 feature)
- New Samsung Apps: Calculator, Clock, Contacts, Gallery, Music
- Full screen Samsung apps
- New S-Voice (from Galaxy S4)
Software Update is currently available for Galaxy Note II (7100 and 7105) and respectively only for India and Nordic Counteries. So you’ve to wait till it knock at your phablet door. If you don’t have patience, then stay tuned and we’ll soon post a manual method to Update your Galaxy Note 2 to Official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. For more Updates, News, Apps and Root Tutorials stay connected with us.
i’m from Malaysia. Can I use the updated firmware from India or any other countries?
Yes you can!! Follow the tutorial here:
It is upto you, if you can wait for the Official Update which is specifically for your region, it is also the Official update.
Prior to the official update, i had already updated my note 2 with the leaked official 4.3 update. Can i reupdate with the official one?
Shukran brother and assalamualaikum
Just finished upgrading..so far so good. No flaws whatsoever!