CyanogenMod 10.2 is purely based on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, it has adopted all the parent features from the official android 4.3, and is a perfect custom rom which is available for a number of Android phones and tablet devices. CyanogenMod are well known and recognized Custom ROMs and are highly customized and stable which is perfect to enhance the performance of your phone, there are mostly custom built in tweaks, which makes your device faster and battery life last longer. If you’ve already got Root access on your Samsung Galaxy S4 (US Cellular) as well custom Recovery is installed then you’re absolutely one step away from to have CyanogenMod 10.2 installed on your Galaxy S4 SCH-R970. Follow the step by step Custom ROM installation tutorial, to safely install CyanogenMod 10.2 on your phone.
Guidelines and Requirements:
1. This Tutorial is specifically for Samsung Galaxy S4 (US Cellular). Do not try to flash these custom ROM files on other variants of GS4 or another phone, flashing the wrong files may brick your phone, so be careful!!
2. You’re required to have Rooted Galaxy S4 with Custom Recovery installed. If not first you need to root and install custom Recovery and then try out the tutorial here 😛
3. Take Nandroid Backup of your Current ROM before you try to flash the CyanogenMod, it is because, if in case you were to unable to flash it correctly or for some reasons you don’t like this ROM, Using Nandroid Backup you’ll be able to restore back to your current ROM. Read More about Nandroid Backup Here.
4. Follow this path to Enable USB Debugging on GS4. Menu->Settings->Developers Options.
5. Another important point, Make sure to have at least 80% battery charge in order to avoid uncertain shutdown during the installation, which may give you unwanted results!!
6. Proceed at your own risk.
1. Click Here to Download CyanogenMod 10.2 Nightly Build for Samsung Galaxy S4 SCH-R970.
2. Click Here to Download GApps zip package for Android 4.3 Custom ROMs.
How to Install CyanogenMod 10.2 on Samsung Galaxy S4 (US Cellular)
1. First connect your phone to PC and without extracting, Transfer the downloaded files to the root storage of your Micro SD Card.
2. Hopefully files are transferred successfully, Now Disconnect it from PC and Reboot Galaxy S4 into Custom Recovery Mode by Pressing and Holding the “Volume Up+Home+Power” Buttons at the same time, till you see the Recovery Options on your screen. It can either ClockworkMod or TWRP.
3. I assume that you’ve already taken Nandroid Backup using the Recovery Options, I have already stated above, if not then it is really important and can be a restore point for you in emergency, therefore take nandroid backup.
4. Now take the following actions using the recovery:
-Wipe data Factory reset
-Wipe cache Partition
-wipe dalvick cache
5. Perfect! Now you ready almost ready to install CyanogenMod Custom Build on your US Cellular Galaxy S4:
For CWM Recovery – Select ‘Install Zip from SD Card’ and navigate to Storage Directory and select CyanogenMod Custom ROM zip package from the SD Card storage directory.
For TWRP Recovery – Tap the ‘Install’ option and select the CyanogenMod 10.2 Custom Nightly Build zip package from the external storage of your Galaxy.
6. Next, Use the same method (step 5) to install the Google Apps by flashing the GApps zip package.
7. Finally, We all the steps mentioned above are successfully done, Using the Recovery Options Reboot your phone.
8. Remember, When booting for the first time, Your phone may take up to 5 mins to boot and that is just normal and there is nothing to be worried about it.
That’s it folks, By now you should have learned, How to Safely and Successfully Install CyanogenMod 10.2 Custom ROM on US Cellular Galaxy S4 Using Custom Recovery (ClockworkMod or TWRP). For more Updates and Tutorials do not forget to visit us back.