Motorola RAZR HD was officially released in September 2012 with Android 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich) which was later upgraded to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. If you’ve already rooted your Motorla RAZR HD and Custom Recovery is already installed then using the Carbon AOSP Nightly JB ROM you can update Motorola RAZR HD to Android Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.
Follow the step by step custom rom installation tutorial, How to easily and successfully Update Motorola RAZR HD (XT925) to Android 4.3 Using Carbon AOSP ROM.
Guidelines and Prerequisites:
1. This tutorial is specifically for Motorola RAZR HD xt925. Do not try to flash these files on another device, it can even brick your device, so be careful!
2. Note that in order to flash Carbon AOSP ROM on your phone, make sure it is already Rooted and Custom Recovery (ClockworkMod or TWRP Recovery) is already installed.
3. During the tutorial, you’ll be asked to Wipe data and Factory reset your phone, where you’ll loose all of your data, therefore it is strongly recommended to Backup your phone data before you proceed further.
4. Enable USB Debugging on your Motorola HD Razr.
5. Make sure your device has enough battery charge, when installing the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Custom ROM on Motorola RAZR HD. The recommended battery charge is at least 80% in order to avoid uncertain shutdown during the installation process.
6. Proceed at your own risk.
1. Click Here to Download Carbon JB Nightly ROM for Motorola RAZR HD XT925. Try to download the latest available Nightly ROM.
2. Click Here to Download GApps for Carbon AOSP Android 4.3 Custom ROMs.
How to Update Motorola RAZR HD (XT925) to Android 4.3 Using Carbon AOSP Nightly ROM
1. Connect Motorola RAZR HD to PC using the USB Cable and without extracting, transfer downloaded files to the internal storage of your phone.
2. Once Carbon JB Nightly ROM and GApps zip packages are successfully transferred to your phone, then Reboot your phone into ClockworkMod or TWRP Recovery.
3. It is strongly recommended to take Nandroid Backup of your current ROM and settings and also Backup your important data on phone memory, otherwise you’ll lost your data.
4. Also Wipe data and Factory reset your Motorola RAZR HD to prepare for new rom installation.
For TWRP Recovery – Tap the WIPE option, then Factory Reset and swipe to confirm.
5. Finally you’re now at a stage to flash the Carbon AOSP JB Nightly ROM on Motorola Razr HD.
For CWM Recovery – Select Wipe data/Factory Reset then Wipe Cache Partition then select Advanced->Wipe Dalvik Cache.
For TWRP Recovery – Tap the ‘Install’ option and select the Carbon JB Nightly zip package from the internal storage of your device.
For CWM Recovery – Select ‘Install Zip from SD Card’ and navigate to Storage Directory and select Carbon JB Nightly ROM zip package from the directory.
6. Use the same method as you did in Step 5, to Flash the GApps zip package, which will install Google Apps on your device.
7. At last, when all the step are carried out successfully, Using the Recovery Options Reboot your Phone.
8. For the first time, Your phone take longer to boot normally, it is just normal, it can take upto 5 mins, so don’t worry.
That’s it folks, By the end of this tutorial, Hopefully, You should’ve learned, How to Update Motorola RAZR HD to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean using the Carbon JB Nightly ROM. For Updates, Tutorials and Android Apps stay tuned to the Android Central.