A couple of weeks ago, AT&T HTC One officially received the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Update via OTA. Those who are on Official Stock Firmware, they probably would have updated their phones, However if you’re already rooted, then you can’t get the OTA updates on your Rooted HTC One. But no worries folks, We’ve got another step by step update tutorial, Using this You can easily Update your AT&T HTC One to Android 4.3 using the CyanogenMod 10.2. CM10.2 is based on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, but this is not the official firmware update. As you’re already rooted, so there is no worry about Official and Unofficial!! What do you have to say?
Probably you would’ve got root access on your AT&T HTC One also Custom Recovery should be installed, it can be any like ClockworkMod or TWRP Recovery. Update method using both recoveries is almost the same, However there is the features difference, but don’t worry, I have given the separate instructions for both CWM and TWRP users.
To safely and successfully Update your phone, you need to follow the exact steps as mentioned in the tutorial, please do not skip any step!! I also have given down below the Guidelines and Requirements you need to follow and fulfil before you starts to install CyanogenMod 10.2 on HTC One AT&T.
Guidelines and Requirements:
1. Use this tutorial only for AT&T HTC One (m7att). Do not try to flash these files on another variant of HTC One. There are separate zip packages for other variants, and note that flashing the wrong files may brick your phone, so be careful!!
2. You need to have a Rooted AT&T HTC One with Custom Recovery Installed.
3. Installing the custom ROM will wipe and erase all data on your phone, therefore it is strongly recommended to Backup your phone data, before you proceed to install CM10.2.
4. Enable USB Debugging from Settings->Developers Options.
5. Installation of CyanogenMod 10.2 on AT&T HTC One will take some time, so it will also consumes battery charge, therefore make sure to have at least 80% battery charged.
6. Well, Proceed at your own risk!!
You’ll first need to Download the following files in order to Update to Android 4.3 Using the CyanogenMod.
1. Click Here to Download CM10.2 Nightly Build for HTC One (AT&T) – m7att.
2. Click Here to Download GApps zip package for Android 4.3 Custom ROMs.
How to Update AT&T HTC One to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Using CyanogenMod 10.2 Nightly Build
1. Connect your phone to PC via the USB Cable and without extracting the zip packages, move it to the internal storage of your HTC One.
2. After then disconnect your phone from pc and Reboot it into Custom Recovery Mode by Pressing and Holding the Volume Up+Home+Power buttons simultaneously.
3. First of all, Using the Recovery Option, Take Nandroid Backup of your current ROM and settings, this is really really important and highly recommended. If somehow you’re failed to or do not like the features of CM10.2, then Nandroid Backup will help you to restore back to your current rom.
You May Read: How to Nandroid Backup Using the Recovery?
4. Another important point, when flashing custom rom, you need to Wipe Data and Factory Reset your phone, so that it is prepared for new installation.
For CWM Recovery – Select Wipe data/Factory Reset then Wipe Cache Partition then select Advanced->Wipe Dalvik Cache.
For TWRP Recovery – Tap the WIPE option, then Factory Reset and swipe to confirm.
5. At last, you can now flash the CyanogenMod 10.2 Nightly Build on your HTC One (AT&T) in order to Upgrade it to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.
For CWM Recovery – Select ‘Install Zip from SD Card’ and navigate to Storage Directory and select CyanogenMod 10.2 Custom ROM zip package from the internal storage directory.
For TWRP Recovery – Tap the ‘Install’ option and select the CyanogenMod 10.2 Custom Build zip package from the internal storage of your HTC One.
6. Now follow the same method (Step 5) to flash the GApps zip package so that Google Apps are installed.
7. Finally when you’re successfully done with all the steps, Now Reboot your phone using the Recovery option.
8. You should now see the Beautifully designed CyanogenMod Animated Logo on your boot screen, Note that do have patience for your phone to boot normally, it can take some time, up to 5 mins is something normal.
So that’s it folks, If you’ve followed along using the steps mentioned in the Update Tutorial, I am sure you probably would’ve successfully Updated your AT&T HTC One to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. Let us know about your feelings and experience in the comment section. For more Updates, Tips, Apps and Root and Update Tutorials, do not forget to visit us back.