Recently we posted, How to update Verizon Galaxy S4 I545 to Andriod 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Firmware. Today we’ll guide you using the step by step root tutorial, How to Root Verizon Galaxy S4 Running Android 4.2.2 VRUMI1 Firmware. Verizon Wireless is one of those companies, who just hates Rooting and modifing the default OS on the Android Smartphones and Tablets, therefore they always release new security updates to avoid root exploits. However the XDA Developers community developers are always ready to take the new challanges and so far they are successfull in creating and releasing root exploits for the new updates.
The XDA Developers community recognized contributor, named as beanstown106, has come up with a new root exploit for Verizon Galaxy S4 on I545 on VRUDMI1 Android 4.2.2 Firmware. Rooting Android device does gives you many previlages to customize your stock firmware and improve the performance of your device. Once you root your Galaxy S4, you can then install Custom Recovery like ClockworkMod and TWRP Recovery to flash custom ROMs on your Verizon Galaxy S4.
If you’ve made your mind to Root the Verizon Galaxy S4 I545 on VRUDMI1 Android 4.2.2 Firmware, then follow the down below step by step instructions in order to safely and successfully Root your device.
Guidelines and Prerequisites:
1. This Root Tutorial is only for Verizon Galaxy S4 I545 on VRUDMI1 Android 4.2.2 Firmware. Do not try this on another firmware or variant of Galaxy S4.
2. Rooting your device will void its warranty. However by installing the Official stock firmware you can then reclaim warranty.
3. Though rooting does not wipe your device data but then it is strongly recommended to Backup your data before you preceed to Root your Galaxy S4 I545.
4. Also you need to Enable USB Debugging on your Verizon Galaxy S4.
5. Make sure you do have enough battery charge on your device in order to avoid uncertain shutdown during Rooting.
6. Do it at your own risk. Note that the Root exploit for Galaxy S4 I545 on VRUDMI1 Android 4.2.2 Firmware, has already been tested and is working perfectly.
1. Click Here to Download Root expoit for Verizon Galaxy S4 I545 VRUDMI1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Firmware.
2. Click Here to Download Odin.
3. Click Here to Download Samsung USB Drivers. Note that if you’ve already installed Samsung Kies then there is no need to download this file.
How to Root Verizon Galaxy S4 I545 Running VRUDMI1 Android 4.2.2 Firmware
1. First of all, if you do have external Micro SD Card on your device, remove it now.
2. After then Launch the Odin3 v3.07.exe pn your desktop. Leave the default settings in Odin and hit the PDA button and select the VRUDMI1_Root_de_la_vega_jfltevzw.tar.md5, from the extracted folder.
3. Now at this point you need to Reboot your Verizon Galaxy S4 into Download mode by Pressing and Holding the Volume Down+Home+Power buttons simultaneously. After then just hit the Volume Up to confirm download mode.
4. While in download mode, connect your Galaxy S4 I545 to PC via the USB Cable. Here just make sure Odin Recognizes your device, The ID:COM port will either turn Blue or Yellow and you’ll also notice the Added!! in the message section of Odin.
5. Now you’re ready to hit the START Button to Root Verizon Galaxy S4. Just wait for Odin to completely flash the root exploit on your GS4. Once it gets completed, you’ll be notified using the PASS!! message in the Odin menu and your device will also automatically reboots.
6. After Rebooting, you need to copy the root_de_la_vega.sh and root_files (folder) to the internal storage of your device.
7. Once you transfer the files successfully then disconnect your device from PC and again Reboot your Verizon Galaxy S4. Rebooting is important!!
8. After your device boots normally, Delete the files you’ve just copied earlier to the internal storage of your device.
That’s it folks, By now you should’ve learned, How to Root Verizon Galaxy S4 I545 on VRUDMI1 Android 4.2.2 Firmware, to verify you’ve successfully got root access on your device, just download the ‘Root Checker App’ from Google Play Store and Install it on your device and run to verify root access.
For More Tutorials, on installing Custom Recovery and Custom ROMs, stay tuned to the Android Central.