Rooting Android device gives you so many options to customize your device using the Custom ROMs and Mods, it actually optimizes and enhance your device performance. I always prefer rooting because of its so many features, However there comes some cases when for some reasons you may want to Unroot your Galaxy S3.
Today, I will guide you, using the step by step tutorial, how to UnRoot your Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 or any other variant of Samsung Galaxy S3. To unroot your galaxy s3 first you’ll have download official stock firmware for Galaxy S3 (I have given the download links to all official firmwares for Galaxy S3 GT-I9300) and you can download for you specific region. If in any case you’re unable to find your exact region then you can download any firmware for your GS3. One advantage of unrooting is you can reclaim your warranty if you do have. By installing the Official Firmware, you’ll get fresh Samsung Galaxy S3 running Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.
Let’s go and learn how to unroot your Galaxy S3. Before we move on, there are certain guidelines and requirements you need to fulfil in order to safely and successfully Unroot Galaxy S3.
Guidelines and Prerequisites:
1. Using the tutorial you can Unroot Samsung Smartphone or Tablet but you’ll have to first download the official stock firmware for your specific device. In this unroot tutorial, I have only given the download links to Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300.
2. This tutorial is only for Windows users.
3. Caution! This will erase everything on your device. There if you do have important data on your GS3 then Backup it now.
4. Also Enable USB Debugging on your Galaxy S3.
5. Another important point, Make sure you’ve got enough battery charge on your device in order to avoid shutdown during the installation of Official Firmware.
6. Proceed at your own risk!! Note that this unrooting method has already been tested on Samsung Galaxy S3 and is proven to be working fine and smoothly.
1. Click Here to Download Official Stock Firmware for Galaxy S3 GT-I9300.
2. Click Here to Download Samsung USB Drivers for Galaxy S3.
3. Click Here to Download Odin 3.07 to flash the stock firmware on GS3.
4. Click Here to Download Triangle Away App and Install it on your Galaxy S3.
How to Unroot Samsung Galaxy S3
1. First of all you need to install the Traingle Away App from Google Play store or the link I have already given in the download section above. Just make sure you have installed Traingle Away Apk on your Galaxy S3. Note that you need to check from the settings menu ‘Install from Unknown sources’.
2. Extract the downloaded files on your desktop.
2. After installing the Triangle Away app on your GS3, launch it and tap the reset flash counter option as shown in the image below.
3. After then you device should be rebooted and you’ll have this warning message on your screen. Here you need to Press Volume Up key to reset counter and status on Galaxy S3.
4. Now Press and Hold the Volume Up+Home+Power buttons at the same time to Reboot your Galaxy S3 into Download Mode.
5. After then connect your Galaxy S3 to PC using the USB Cable and Launch Odin on your desktop. At this point make sure Odin recongnizes your device. The ID:COM will either turn blue or yellow and you’ll also see Added!! in the message section of odin.
6. Also note that only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time should be checked and leave the rest.
7. After then hit the PDA Button in Odin and select the Firmware update file and then hit the START Button.
9. Now wait for Odin to flash the official Fimware file on your Galaxy S3. Once it gets completed, you’ll be notified via the PASS!! message in Odin and during this your device will reboot.
10. Finally now reboot your Galaxy S3 into Stock Recovery using the Volume Up+Home+Power buttons.
11. Now using the Volume Up/Down keys navigate to Wipe Data/Factory Reset and select it using the Power button. After then just confirm the operation by Yes Delete all user data.
12. At last select the Wipe Cache Partition and then Reboot System Now.
That’s it folks, Indeed it was the most simplest step by step tutorial on How to Unroot Galaxy S3 and Reset Flash Counter by installing the Official Stock Firmware. Hopefully you’ve learned, how to safely and successfully unroot your device and reclaim warranty. If somehow, you’re still confused at any step, let us know in the comment section.