CyanogenMod Custom Builds are one the best, suitable and recognized Custom ROMs available for Android Smartphone and Tablets devices. CyanogendMod 10.2 is based on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, so far some reasons, if you really want to experience the flavour of Android 4.3 then CyanogenMod 10.2 is the perfect and reliable choice for you to upgrade your Optimus G to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. One of the main reason of Rooting your Android device is to install customized OS on your device, obviously custom roms are highly customized and optimized for high level performance. If you’ve already rooted your LG Optimus G e975 and you’ve also installed ClockworkMod or TWRP Recovery then you can use this step by step custom rom installation tutorial to install CyanogendMod 10.2 Custom Build on your LG Optimus G.
In order to safely and successfully flash the CyanogenMod 10.2 on your Optimus G you need to follow the guidelines and fulfil the requirements. Down below are the guidelines and instructions to install CyanogenMod 10.2 on LG Optimus G.
Guidelines and Prerequisites:
1. This Custom ROM installation Tutorial is only for LG Optimus G e970. Do not try to flash these files on another LG device or variant of LG Optimus, flashing the wrong files may brick your device, so be careful!!
2. Make sure you’ve already rooted and installed Custom Recovery like ClockworkMod or TWRP Recovery on your LG Optimus G.
3. It is strongly recommended to Backup your Current ROM and settings using the Nandroid Backup as well as your phone data.
4. Also Enable USB Debugging by going to Settings->Developers Options.
5. You’ll need to have at least 80% battery charge on your LG Optimus G in order to avoid uncertain shutdown during the CyanogedMod 10.2 installation.
6. An important Reminder! Do it at your own risk.
1. Click Here to Download CyanogenMod Nightly Custom Build for LG Optimus G e975.
2. Click Here to Download GApps for CyanogenMod 10.2 Custom Build.
How to Install CyanogenMod 10.2 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on LG Optimus G (e975)
1. First of all transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your LG Optimus G via the USB Cable from your PC.
2. Once files are completely transferred, Disconnect your device from PC and Reboot it into Recovery Mode.
3. The first thing you must to do in the recovery mode is to take Nandroid Backup of your Current ROM.
You May Read: How to take Nandroid Backup using the Custom Recovery?
4. Now you need to Wipe data and Factory reset your LG Optimus using the Recovery Options.
For CWM Recovery – Select Wipe data/Factory Reset then Wipe Cache Partition then select Advanced->Wipe Dalvik Cache.
For TWRP Recovery – Tap the WIPE option, then Factory Reset and swipe to confirm.
5. At last your LG Optimus G is finally ready for CyanogenMod 10.2 Custom Build installation.
For CWM Recovery – Select ‘Install Zip from SD Card’ and navigate to Storage Directory and select CyanogenMod 10.2 Custom ROM zip package from the directory where you’ve placed the file.
For TWRP Recovery – Tap the ‘Install’ option and select the CyanogenMod 10.2 Custom Build zip package from the internal storage of your device.
6. Now use the same method as in Step 5, to Flash GApps on your LG Optimus, which will ultimately install Google Apps on your device like Google Play and so on.
7. Once all the steps mentioned above are successfully done, then using the Recovery options Reboot your LG Optimus G. Note that when booting for the first time, it definitely will take some time to boot normally and this is just normal and nothing to be worried about it.
That’s it folks, Your LG Optimus G should now be running on CyanogenMod 10.2 Custom Build which is obviously based on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. For more Step by Step Tutorials stay tuned to Android Central.