CyanogenMod is a very well known open source developers community who develops high quality and highly optimized custom builds for may Android devices. CyanogenMod 10.2 is based on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean with advance features to enhance your Nexus S performance. If you’re already rooted and have installed custom Recovery on your Google Nexus then its your time to try something new called CyanogenMod 10.2 Custom ROM build for Nexus S. Follow the step by step custom ROM installation tutorial and learn How to Flash CyanogenMod 10.2 Nightly ROM on Nexus S.
Guidelines and Prerequisites:
1. This Custom ROM installation guide is only for Google Nexus S. Do not try to flash these files on another device, it can brick your device.
2. Make sure you’ve already rooted your Google Nexus S and Custom Recovery (CWM or TWRP Recovery) is already installed.
3. We always recommends you to Backup your Phone data before Rooting or installing Custom ROM on your Android device.
4. You’ll also have to Enable USB Debugging on your Google Nexus S by going to Settings->Developers Options->USB Debugging.
5. Another important step, Make sure you’ve got enough battery charge on your Galaxy Nexus S before attempting to install CyanogenMod 10.2.
6. Last but not the least, You’re doing this at your own risk, we shall be responsible if anything goes wrong with your device. Note that it has already been tested on Google Nexus S and is confirmed to be working fine.
1. Click Here to Download Android 4.3 Based CyanogenMod 10.2 Nightly Build for Google Nexus S.
2. Click Here to Download GApps for CyanogenMod 10.2.
How to Flash CyanogenMod 10.2 Nightly ROM on Google Nexus S
1. Connect your Google Nexus S to PC using the USB Data Cable and transfer the CyanogenMod Nightly Build and GApps zip packages to your Micro SD Card.
2. Now you need to Switch Off your Nexus S and Boot it into Recovery Mode by Holding and Pressing the ‘Volume Up+Home+Power‘ buttons at the same time, till you see the Recovery Options or Menu on your screen.
3. The first thing you should do using the Recovery options on your Nexus S is to take Nandroid Backup of your current ROM. Nandroid Backup will help you to restore back to your current ROM, if in case you’re unable to install CyanogenMod 10.2 or don’t like the custom ROM.
For CWM Recovery – Select the ‘Backup and Restore’ Option and then Backup to your internal or external storage.
For TWRP Recovery – Tap the ‘Backup’ option and then Select the system partition files you want to Backup.
4. In order to prepare your Google Nexus S for Custom ROM installation you need to first Wipe Cache and Factory Reset your device.
For CWM Recovery – Select Wipe data/Factory Reset then Wipe Cache Partition then select Advanced->Wipe Dalvik Cache
For TWRP Recovery – Tap the WIPE option, then Factory Reset and swipe to confirm.
5. Finally you’re now ready to Flash CyanogenMod 10.2 Custom ROM on your Nexus S.
For CWM Recovery – Select ‘Install Zip from SD Card’ and navigate to Storage Directory and select CyanogenMod 10.2 Custom ROM zip package.
For TWRP Recovery – Tap the ‘Install’ option and select the CyanogenMod 10.2 Custom ROM zip package.
6. Hopefully by now you should’ve flushed CyanogenMod 10.2 on your Nexus S, there is still one file remaining to be flashed, which GApps, Using the same method as you did in Step 5, flash the GApps for Android 4.3 Custom ROMs.
7. Finally once you’ve completed all the steps, You can use the Recovery Options to Reboot your Google Nexus S. Remember for the first your device may take longer to boot normally, it can take up to 5 mins, so have patience and it is normal.