Asus Transformer Pad TF300T was officially released in 2012 with Android OS Ice Cream Sandwich at that time. However later on Asus officially released Android 4.2 Jelly Bean update recently. Today we’ll guide you, How to update Asus Transformer to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean using the CyanogenMod 10.2 . Remember CyanogenMod 10.2 is a custom build and is not the official released update, in order to install CyanogenMod 10.2, you’ll have first Root and Install ClockworkMod Recovery on your Asus Transformer Pad TF300T.
Follow the instructions down below How to Flash CyanogenMod 10.2 Nightly Custom Build on Asus Transformer Pad (TF300T).
Guidelines and Prerequisites:
1. This Custom ROM installation guide is specifically for Asus Transformer Pad TF300T. Do not try to flash these files on another Asus device, it may brick your device.
2. Note that you must have a rooted Asus Transformer Pad with ClockworkMod Recovery installed.
3. Before Rooting and Installing Custom ROMs it is always recommended to Backup your data.
4. During the tutorial you’ll need to transfer files to your device, therefore before you move on further, Enable USB Debugging on your Asus Transformer Pad.
5. Also make sure you have got enough battery charge on your device, at least 70% battery is recommended before installing CyanogenMod 10.2 on Asus Transformer Pad.
6. Last but not the least, Do it at your own risk. We and Developers are not responsible, if during the tutorial anything goes wrong with your device. Note that CyanogenMod 10.2 has already been tested on Asus Transformer Pad and is confirmed to be working smoothly without any errors.
1. Click Here to Download CyanogenMod 10.2 for Asus Transformer Pad TF300T.
2. Click Here to Download Android 4.3 GApps for CyanogenMod 10.2 Custom Build.
How to Flash CyanogenMod 10.2 Nightly Custom Build on Asus Transformer Pad TF300T
1. First of all Transfer both downloaded files to your Asus Transformer Pad without extracting or unzipping the files.
2. Once you’ve successfully Transferred the CyanogenMod 10.2 and GApps to your Asus Transformer Pad, You can then Turn-Off your device and boot it into ClockworkMod Recovery Mode.
3. Once in the Recovery Mode, the first thing you must do is to take Nandroid Backup of your Current ROM, in case you want to Restore back to your current ROM for some reasons, you may use the Nandroid Backup.
4. Now do the following things to Prepare your Asus Transformer Pad TF300T for CyanogenMod 10.2 Custom Nightly Build installation;
Select Wipe data/Factory Reset then Wipe Cache Partition then select Advanced->Wipe Dalvik Cache.
5. Now you’re ready to Flash CyanogenMod 10.2 which is actually based on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Firmware;
Select ‘Install Zip from SD Card’ and navigate to Storage Directory and select CyanogenMod 10.2 Custom ROM zip package.
6. Just like the step 5, flash the GApps zip file package to install Google Apps on your Asus Transformer Pad.
Select ‘Install Zip from SD Card’ and navigate to Storage Directory and select GApps zip package for Android 4.3 Custom ROMs.
7. Once both files are successfully flushed on your Asus Transformer Pad TF300T, You can then Reboot your device using the Recovery Options.
8. Note that when booting for the first time, it will take some time to boot normally and during this process you’ll also notice the CyanogenMod 10.2 animated boot logo on your screen.
That’s it folks, Hopefully, by now you should’ve learned, How to Safely and Successfully Flash CyanogenMod 10.2 Nightly Custom Build on Asus Transformer Pad TF300T. For more Custom ROMs and Updates stay tuned to Android Central.