CyanogenMod 10.2 is based on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean and is a very well-known custom roms brand for Android devices. CyanogenMod ROMs are highly optimized and customized you’ll ever find for Google Nexus 10. 2. If you’ve got Rooted Google Nexus 10 with Custom Recovery Installed (CWM or TWRP Recovery), then you can easily update to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, which is almost the latest version Android OS for these devices.
Follow the step by step Custom ROM installation Tutorial to Flash CyanogenMod 10.2 on Google Nexus 10 using the Custom Recovery.
Guidelines and Prerequisites:
1. Tutorial is only for Google Nexus 10, Do not try to flash these files on another device, flashing the wrong files may brick your device, so be careful!!
2. Make sure you’ve already Rooted and installed custom Recovery on your Nexus 10, otherwise you won’t be able to flash the custom build.
3. Later in the tutorial, you’ll be instructed to Wipe data and factory reset your phone, Where you’ll loose all data on your phone, so if you do have important data on your phone, Backup it now.
4. Enable USB Debugging on your Nexus 10.
5. Make sure you’ve got enough battery charge on your phone when installing the CyanogenMod Build.
6. Proceed at your own risk.
1. Click Here to Download CyanogenMod 10.2 Nightly Build for Google Nexus 10.
2. Click Here to Download GApps for Android 4.3 Jelly Bean based custom ROMs.
How to Flash CyanogenMod 10.2 on Google Nexus 10
1. Connect your Google Nexus and transfer the downloaded files to the internal storage of your Tablet.
2. After then disconnect your tablet from PC and Reboot it into Recovery Mode.
3. Once in the recovery mode, first take Nandroid Backup of your current ROM and Settings to your Micro SD Card, so that in case you want to switch back to your current rom, Nandroid Backup will be then useful.
4. Now using the Recovery Options, Wipe Data/Factory Reset your Tablet, so that it is prepared for the new Custom ROM installation.
For CWM Recovery – Select Wipe data/Factory Reset then Wipe Cache Partition then select Advanced->Wipe Dalvik Cache.
For TWRP Recovery – Tap the WIPE option, then Factory Reset and swipe to confirm.
5. Now you’re ready to flash CyanogenMod 10.2 on your Google Nexus 10 Tablet.
For CWM Recovery – Select ‘Install Zip from SD Card’ and navigate to Storage Directory and select CyanogenMod 10.2 Custom ROM zip package from the directory where you’ve placed the file.
For TWRP Recovery – Tap the ‘Install’ option and select the CyanogenMod 10.2 Custom Build zip package from the internal storage of your Nexus 10.
6. After successfully flashing the CyanogenMod 10.2, You’re now supposed to Flash the GApps zip package same as, which will install Google Apps on your tablet.
7. When all the steps are done successfully, Now Reboot your tablet using the Recovery Options, on CWM – Reboot System Now and for TWRP – Reboot.
8. You should now see the CyanogenMod beautiful and elegant animated logo on your boot screen. Just wait for your device to boot normally.
That’s it folks, You should now be running Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on your Google Nexus 10 Tablet. Hopefully on the other side, Everything went up perfectly and without experiencing errors. Let us know about your experience in the comment section below. For more Update Tutorials do not forget to stay connected with us on Twitter, Facebook and Google+.