Google Nexus 7 is no doubt, is counted in one of the best Android tablet device. You’re lucky to own this amazing innovative smart gadget. If you’re one of those Android users, who really want to get most of its android device, like Rooting, Custom Recoveries and ROM’s and so on.
As we all know all Nexus devices, whether it is Nexus 4, Nexus 7 or Nexus 10, all they come with Lock Bootloader, and in order to Root and install custom recoveries etc. You have to first unlock bootloader and then further you can make modifications to your OS and so on. So if you’re looking to Unlock Bootloader on your Nexus 7, then you’re at the perfect place, to do it safely, quickly and reliably in no time.
Unlocking Bootloader on all nexus devices is really an easy task and within 1 or 2 minutes you can do it. Before we move on further, it is recommended that you first read the prerequisites and guidelines so that you do it safely without any errors.
Preparing your device for Unlock
- You should know that, Unlocking Bootloader, voids your device warranty.
- Also, Unlocking Neuxs 7 wipes/erases all data on your device, therefore it is recommended that you first create a backup of your important data.
- Make sure you’ve setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC. Don’t Know? Click Here to Learn!
- Last but not the least, You’re doing this at your own risk. If you really don’t know, what you’re doing with your device, then it is recommended that you do not play this game.
How to Unlock Bootloader on Nexus 7 (2013)
1. Make sure you have perfectly setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC.
2. Now go to START Menu->RUN->and Type ‘cmd’ and hit the enter button.
3. After that, in the command window, type:
4. You’ll now see your device listed after entering the command, which confirms you have successfully enabled ADB and Fastboot.
5. Now type the following to Reboot your Nexus 7 into Bootloader Mode:
adb reboot bootloader
6. Finally its the moment to enter the command to Unlock Bootloader on your Nexus 7:
fastboot oem unlock
7. Once you enter the command, on your device screen you’ll get a warning message asking you, if you really want to Unlock Bootloader on your Nexus 7, using Volume buttons highlight ‘yes’ and hit the power button to select it.
8. That’s it folks, just reboot your device and you’ve successfully unlocked Nexus 7.
At the end, hoping that everything went up smoothly, without experiencing any errors, that was, I think something easy at the end, but then If in case, you’re experiencing errors or confused at any step, let us know in the comment section. We’ll be glad to respond to your comments and help you out.