SlimBean Android 4.3 Stable ROM is now out for Sprint Galaxy S3. If you’ve rooted your Galaxy S3, then follow this step by step guide, How to install SlimBean Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Custom ROM on your Sprint Galaxy S3.
Guidelines and Prerequisites
1. This Custom ROM update guide is only for Sprint Galaxy S3. Do not try this on another variant of Galaxy S3, it may brick your device.
2. Your Galaxy S3, should be Factory Unlocked, Rooted with Custom Recovery installed.
3. I always recommend to Backup your data, whenever Updating or installing custom ROM on your Android device.
4. Also Enable USB Debugging on your Galaxy S3, by going to Settings->Developers Options->USB Debugging.
5. Another important point, before installing the SlimBean custom ROM, make sure you’ve got enough charge on your device. At least 60% battery is recommended.
6. Finally, You’re doing this at your own risk. This guide is only for educational purposes, we shall not be responsible, if anything goes wrong with your Sprint Galaxy S3. Note that, SlimBean Android 4.3 JB ROM has been tested and is confirmed to be working perfectly on Galaxy S3.
1. Click Here to Download SlimBean Android 4.3 JB Custom ROM for Sprint Galaxy S3.
2. Click Here to Download GApps for Android 4.3 Custom ROMs.
How to Install SlimBean Android 4.3 JB ROM on Sprint Galaxy S3
1. First of all, Connect your Sprint Galaxy S3 to PC and Copy the SlimBean Custom ROM and GApps files to the root storage of your device root storage (Micro SD Card or Internal Storage).
2. Reboot Galaxy S3 into Recovery Mode. Learn how to do it;
- First of all, Turn-off your Sprint GS3.
- Now Press and Hold the ‘Volume Up+Home+Power‘ buttons at the same time, until you see the recovery options on your screen.
3. Follow the below instructions to Wipe and Factory reset your device.
For CWM – Select Wipe data/Factory Reset then Wipe Cache Partition then select Advanced->Wipe Dalvik Cache
For TWRP – Select WIPE, then Factory Reset and swipe to confirm.
4. It is always recommended, Before installing a custom ROM create Nandroid Backup, so that if in case, you’re not happy with updated ROM, Using the Nandroid Backup, You’ll be able to restore back to your current ROM and settings. Here is how to make Nandroid Backup on Android;
5. Finally your Samsung Galaxy S3 is now ready to be updated to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean using the SlimBean Custom ROM.
For CWM – Select the option called, ‘Install Zip from SD Card’ and select the, Slim-d2spr-4.3.build.1-OFFICIAL-886.zip file and confirm.
For TWRP – Tap on the ‘INSTALL’ option and select the , after then swipe to confirm.
6. Once you install the SlimBean Custom ROM, like the same method, as you did in Step 4, flash the, Slim_AIO_gapps.4.3.build.1.zip, GApps Zip file.
7. Depending on your device, it can take some time to flash the AOSP Custom ROM on Sprint Galaxy S3, so have patience.
8. Once both files are successfully flashed, then Reboot your device using the Recovery Options.
Now just wait for your device to boot normally, Remember, when booting for the first time, it will take some time, so have patience, it is normal and there is nothing to be worried about it.
Hey folks that’s it! We always try our best, to make each step as simple as possible, so that you’re able to understand the guide, and hopefully you’ve learned, how to install custom ROM on Galaxy S3. For more tips and tricks, updates and Custom ROMs stay connected with Android Central.
Hi, I installed 4.3 on my galaxy tab 7 3g but I am having issues with root acces. No app seems to gain root privileges. What could be wrong?
Sorry, I don’t have any idea about this bug, However You may find your answer here:
It’s OK. I got the answer. All I had to do is enable developer option by taping the build number in settings continuously. After that goto developer option and enable root there.