The most famous Custom ROM, CyanogenMod 10.2 is now available for Sony Xperia Z. Follow this step by step tutorial, How to Install CyanogenMod 10.2 on Xperia Z.
Guidelines and Requirements
1. This Custom ROM installation guide is specifically for Sony Xperia Z. Do not try to flash these files on another device, it can brick your device.
2. Your phone should be Factory Unlocked, Rooted with Custom Recovery Installed (ClockworkMod or TWRP Recovery).
3. Backup your phone data before you proceed further.
4. Enable USB Debugging on your Sony Xperia Z.
5. Also make sure you’ve got enough battery charge on your Xperia Z. At least 70% charge is recommended.
6. You’re doing this at your own risk! We are not responsible, if anything goes wrong with your device. This Custom ROM installation guide is only for Education purposes and note that it has already been tested on Sony Xperia Z and is confirmed to work fine.
1. Click Here to Download CyanogenMod 10.2 Custom ROM for Sony Xperia Z.
2. Click Here to Download GApps for Android 4.3 Custom ROMs.
How to Install CyanogenMod 10.2 (Android 4.3) on Sony Xperia Z
1. First of all, Connect your Xperia Z to PC and transfer the downloaded CyanogenMod and GApps zip files to your device.
2. After transferring the files, Disconnect your device and boot it into Recovery Mode. Here is how you can do it;
- Switch Off your Sony Xperia Z.
- Now Turn on your device again and wait for the Sony boot logo on your screen and keep tapping the Volume Up key.
3. Take Nandroid Backup of your Current ROM.
For CWM Recovery – Select the ‘Backup and Restore’ Option and then Backup to your internal or external storage.
For TWRP Recovery – Tap the ‘Backup’ option and then Select the system partition files you want to Backup.
4. Now prepare your Xperia Z for the Custom ROM installation, by clearing system cache and factory resetting.
For CWM Recovery – Select Wipe data/Factory Reset then Wipe Cache Partition then select Advanced->Wipe Dalvik Cache
For TWRP Recovery – Tap the WIPE option, then Factory Reset and swipe to confirm.
5. Finally your Sony Xperia Z is ready, to install Android 4.3 Custom ROM;
For CWM Recovery – Select ‘Install Zip from SD Card’ and navigate to Storage Directory and select CyanogenMod 10.2 Custom ROM zip package.
For TWRP Recovery – Tap the ‘Install’ option and select the CyanogenMod 10.2 Custom ROM zip package.
6. Once the CyanogenMod 10.2 ROM is successfully flushed on Sony Xperia Z, then use the same method, as in Step 5, and flash the GApps zip file.
7. After you’ve successfully flushed the CyanogenMod and GApps on your Sony Xperia Z then using the recovery options, Reboot your device. Remember for the first time, it make take some time to boot normally, there is nothing to be worried about, it is normal.
At the end, Hoping that you’ve learned, How to safely and Successfully install Custom ROM on Xperia Z, For more Guides&Tutorials, stay connected with us. At the end, let us know in the comment section, How everything went up for you:)