So you’ve already rooted your LTE Galaxy Note 2? If yes then possibly you’ll be looking for a highly customized and performance optimized custom ROM for Galaxy Note 2. Follow us along, and we’ll guide you, how to install best custom ROMs on your Galaxy Note 2.
We’ll guide you, using step by step guide, How to install Carbon AOSP Android 4.3 JB Nightly ROM for Galaxy Note 2 LTE N7105.
Guidelines and Requisites
1. This Custom ROM Update Guide is specifically for Galaxy Note 2 LTE N7105. Do not try this on another device or variant of Galaxy Note 2.
2. Note that before you proceed further, Your Galaxy Note 2, should be factory unlocked, Root with Custom Recovery installed (ClockworkMod or TWRP Recovery).
3. When applying Updates or Custom ROMs to your Android, it is always recommended to Backup your important data, before you proceed.
4. Also Enable USB Debugging on your LTE Galaxy Note 2. Here is how to do it; Go to Settings->Developers Options->USB Debugging.
5. Another important point, make sure you’ve got enough battery charge on your Galaxy Note 2, at least 60% is recommended.
6. Last but not the least, You’re doing this at your own risk. We shall not be responsible if anything goes wrong with your device. This is only for educational purposes, and note that Carbon AOSP Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Nightly ROM has been tested on Galaxy Note 2 LTE and is confirmed to be working perfectly and smoothly.
1. Click Here to Download Android 4.3 Carbon AOSP Nightly ROM for Galaxy Note 2.
2. Click Here to Download Android 4.3 GApps for Custom ROMs.
How to Install Carbon JB Nightly Custom ROM on Galaxy Note 2 LTE N7105
1. First of all, Connect your Galaxy Note 2 LTE to PC using the USB Cable and copy the both download files to the root storage of your device.
2. Once done, disconnect your Note 2 and Reboot it into Recovery Mode. Here is how to do it;
- Switch Off your Galaxy Note 2.
- Now Press and Hold the ‘Volume Up+Home+Power’ Buttons at the same time, till you see the recovery options on your screen.
3. Important Step, take a Nandroid Backup of your current ROM and settings, so that in case you want to restore back to your current ROM, then Nandroid will help you to restore;
For CWM – Select, ‘Restore and Backup‘ in the ClockworkMod recovery options and confirm to Backup.
For TWRP – Tap the ‘Backup’ option and select the system partitions files you want to Backup.
4. Another important step, to clear system cache and factory reset your device;
For CWM – Select Wipe data/Factory Reset then Wipe Cache Partition then select Advanced->Wipe Dalvik Cache
For TWRP – Tap the WIPE option, then Factory Reset and swipe to confirm.
5. Finally you’ve just prepared your Galaxy Note 2 for Custom ROM installation. You can proceed to install Carbon AOSP Android 4.3 Nightly ROM on your LTE Galaxy Note 2.
For CWM – Select ‘Install Zip from SD Card’ and navigate to Storage Directory and select Carbon AOSP Custom ROM zip package.
For TWRP -Tap the ‘Install’ option and select the Carbon AOSP Custom ROM zip package.
6. Now using the same method, as you did in Step 5, Install the GApps files on your Galaxy Note 2. GApps are actually the Google Apps.
7. At last Reboot your Galaxy Note 2 using the Recovery options.
For the first time, Your LTE Galaxy Note 2 may take up to 5 mins to boot normally, and there is nothing to be worried about this issue, it is normal. You can then setup your Galaxy Note 2 and Google Account.
At the end, Hopefully you’ve understood and learned, How to safely and successfully, Install Android 4.3 Custom ROM on your Galaxy Note 2 N7105. If you’re still confused at any step, let us know in the comment section. For More Tips and Tricks, Guides and Tutorials, Custom ROMs and Updates stay connected with Android Central.