Rooting Android devices is now getting harder day by day, take the example of AT&T and Verizon, they are now making it hard for its customers to Root their devices easily. If you remember the recent update to AT&T and Verizon Galaxy S4 Firmware, prevented the rooting process, but now thanks to the XDA Developers Community, who are always ready to accept new challenges and they have now made available the root method for Verizon Galaxy S4.
Remember this rooting guide is only for Verizon Galaxy S4 Build VRUAME7, If you do have any other variant of Galaxy S4 or build no, it simply won’t work on your device, therefore it is recommended that do not try this on other variants of Galaxy S4.
Before we move on further, there are prerequisites and guidelines you should know in order to do it safely and without any errors.
Preparing your device for Root
- This Tutorial is only for Verizon Galaxy S4 Build VRUAME7
- As always, Rooting void your device warranty.
- Although rooting does not erase/wipe the data on your device, but then it is recommended that you Create Backup of your important data.
- Your Verizon Galaxy S4 should have Micro SD Card. You’re also suppose to format your SD Card using exFAT format not NTFS or FAT32, otherwise it won’t work!! How to do it? Insert your Micro SD Card into Card Reader and connect it to your PC. Go to My Computer->Right Click on your SD Card->Format->Choose exFAT and then proceed to format.
- Enable USB Debugging on your GS4 from Settings->Developers Options->USB Debugging. Don’t Know? Click Here
- Make sure you have got enough Charge on your VGS4. At least 60% is recommended.
- Last but not the least, You’re doing this at your own risk, if you really don’t know, what you’re doing, then please don’t play this game :P.
- On your GS4, download and install Android Terminal Emulator.
- Also download the Root zip file package for Verizon Galaxy S4. [Download Link]
How to Root Verizon Galaxy S4 VRUAME7 Build only
1. Now extract the root zip file package and copy it to your Micro SD Card using your PC.
2. After that, Open the Android Terminal Emulator on your Galaxy S4.
3. Now one by one type the following commands (Type as it is):
cd /mnt/extSdCard ./pwn ./script.sh
4. After entering the commands, now you can close the app.
5. Now SuperSU app should be installed on your device, Open it and make sure everything is working.
6. You can also download and install ‘Root Checker’ app from Google Play Store to Verify Root Access.
That’s it folks, By now you should have successfully rooted your Verizon Galaxy S4, if in case, you need further support, feel free to ask in the comment section.