Today, we’ll let you know, How to Root your Sony Xperia SL Smartphone. This is a step by step guide, and generally one of the easiest way to Root Xperia devices. If you’re one of those, we really don’t want to mess with their devices, then method is recommended, as this will let you root your Xperia SL with 1 click, and your device will be rooted in 2 minutes.
We’ll do it using a Rooting Toolkit created by a recognized Xda developer, which almost works on all Xperia devices. Before we move on further, there are certain requirements and guidelines you need to implement on your PC and Sony Xperia SL, in order to Successfully go through all the steps and root your device with ease.
Preparing Your Device
- Rooting your Sony Xperia SL, will void its warranty.
- Using this method, you can still root your device, if it has locked bootloader. (Obviously the Unlocked Bootloader devices are already comfortable).
- Enable USB Debugging on your Xperia SL, by going to Settings->Developers Options->USB Debugging.
- Also Enable Unknown Sources, by going to Settings->Security-> Check the Unknown source option.
- Install USB Drivers on your PC, if you haven’t installed yet, Click Here to Download.
- You’ll also need the Fastboot drivers to install on your PC, Click Here to Download Fastboot Drivers for Sony Xperia SL.
- Another important file, you need to download is the Rooting Script zip file package for your Xperia SL. Click Here to Download.
- Last but not the least, You’re doing this at your own risk. If you really don’t know, what you’re really doing to your device, then don’t play with your device.
How to Root Sony Xperia (SL LT26ii) (Step by Step Guide)
By now you should have downloaded the above files and have acted upon the guidelines.
1. First of all, Unzip the Rooting Script Zip file package on your desktop.
2. Now you can connect your Xperia SL to your PC, but make sure you have installed the USB drivers on your PC.
3. After your device is connected to PC, go to the unzipped folder and depending on your operating system, double click on the specific file. For example, currently I am on Windows PC, so I will double click on the runme_win batch file.
4. Further, follow the instructions on the screen. After the process is completed, Reboot your device.
5. Once your device normally reboots, check that the, SuperSU is installed on your device. This confirms that your device has successfully been rooted.