Excited to Root your Droid Maxx by Motorola, We are also excited to guide, how to Root Motorola Droid Maxx using MotoRoot. This is one of the easiest methods to get Root Access on your Droid Maxx and the best thing about this method is, it will also give you the Unroot option, so whenever you changed your mind to Unroot the device, via a single tap you can Unroot your Droid Maxx using the MotoRoot App.
Thanks to the XDA Developers Community, who are always ready for such new innovative methods, to make the rooting methods as simple as possible. This root exploit has been created by Jcase, a recognized XDA Developer. This perfectly works on Motorola Droid, Maxx and Mini. If you’re interested to Unlock the Potential of your new device, then it is the perfect guide, to Root your Motorola Droid Maxx.
Preparing Your Device
- This exploit method should work on Motorola Droid Ultra, Maxx and Mini.
- Rooting your Droid Ultra, will void its warranty.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device.
- Also Setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC.
- Make sure you have installed the USB Drivers on your PC. If not then download it from the link, given below in the download section.
- Last but not the least, You’re doing this at your own risk, we will not be responsible, if anything goes wrong with your device. (Though it has been tested and is confirmed to be working perfectly).
- Click Here to Download Motorola USB Drivers for your PC.
- Click Here to Download MotoRoot App for Droid Maxx.
- Click Here to Download SuperSU apk for Motorola Droid Maxx.
How to Root Motorola Droid Maxx Using MotoRoot
Before moving on further, make sure you correctly setup ADB&Fastboot on your PC as well the USB Drivers.
1. Simply open the command line window, by going to START Menu->RUN-> and type ‘cmd’.
2. Using the commands, first we will flash the MotoRoot App on your Droid Maxx, so in the command window, type the following:
adb install -r MotoRoot1.1-Droid.apk
3. Now type the following, to flash the SuperSU apk on your device:
adb install –r SuperSU-v1.66-xbin.apk
4. Using the above simple commands, by now you should have installed, two apps, MotoRoot and SuperSU App.
5. After the completion, you can remove your device from PC and launch the MotoRoot App and tap the ‘Setup (Will reboot)‘. It will then Root your Droid Maxx and your device will also reboot.
6. After your device reboots normally, you should device will be rooted. Later if you decided to Unroot, you can then just tap the Unroot option, and you’ll get unroot.
That’s it folks, Hopefully, you’ve learned, How to Root Motorola Droid Maxx Using MotoRoot. If you do have queries or confused at any step, feel free to ask in the comment section. You can also get more information related this thread on Xda forum. (The link is given below).
What OS version?
It works for the current OS!! You can check it by visiting the xda official thread given at the bottom of the post.. If you do have further queries do let us know 🙂
Since Motorola/Verizon has a locked (and encrypted) bootloader and the current OS is 4.4 (KitKat) I do not see how this is possible. In fact there is a bounty of over $2000.00 for anyone who can root the Droid Maxx and no one has collected. SlapMyMoto by Jcase requires 4.2.2 but there is no way to flash my phone back to that. It is not a developer edition. There was hope that you could buy an unlock code from some guy in China but he was arrested or something and no longer sells.
Are you saying this works with KitKat 4.4? Thanks.
Tells me that it failed due to no certificate. Gonna try signing it myself.
When I type ‘adb install -r MotoRoot1.1-Droid.apk’ it says ‘can’t find ‘MotoRoot1.1-Droid.apk’ to install. When I type ‘adb devices’ it shows the device attached so I know the bridge is open, but it can’t find the apk files on my phone. How can I direct it to find the apk files?
same problem. I know I downloaded the files on the phone.
OK if I unroot will the warenty still be voided
Hey did you root it? as this root method still working??
It won’t let me install moto root app says not installed
it is saying install phrase failed no certificates help me!!!!!
Hi there you can learn more at the official xda thread.
P.S Link is given at the bottom of this post.