Carbon AOSP is Android 4.3 Jelly Bean based Custom ROM, which has inherited some features from CyanogenMod, AOKP and ParanoidAndroid. Carbon AOSP Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Nightly Custom ROM is now available for Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100. Today, I will guide you, using step by step instructions, How to install Carbon AOSP 4.3 Jelly Bean Nightly custom ROM on your Galaxy S2.
If you’re interested to flash Custom ROM on your Galaxy s2, then follow us along and make sure to first read the guidelines and then act upon it, this will help you to successfully go through all the process and at the end, you’ll be able to install Carbon AOSP 4.3 Jelly Bean on your Galaxy S2 I9100.
Preparing Your Device
- This guide is only for Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100. Do not try this on another device. It may brick your device.
- Your device should be Rooted, have installed Custom Recovery (CWM or TWRP) and also should be factory unlocked.
- It is recommended that you make a Nandroid Backup of your current ROM, using CWM or TWRP Recovery, so that in case of emergency you’re able to Restore Back your current ROM.
- Enable USB Debugging by going to Settings->Developers Options->USB Debugging.
- Make sure, you’ve more than 50% battery charge on your Galaxy S2.
- You;re doing this at your own risk. If anything goes wrong with your device, we will not be responsible. Therefore, you’re recommended to follow the exact steps and do not skip any step, this will make you successful.
How to Install Carbon JB Nightly Custom ROM on Galaxy S2 I9100
1. First of all, Download the Android 4.2 Jelly Bean Carbon Custom ROM. Click Here to Download the latest version of the Carbon JB Nightly ROM.
2. Also Download the GApps for Android 4.3. Click Here to Download it now.
3. Now save/move the downloaded zip files to the root storage of your Galaxy S2.
4. Now you need to Reboot your Galaxy S2 into Recovery Mode. Let’s learn here, how to do it:
- First of Switch-off your GS2.
- Now Press and Hold the Volume Up+Home+Power buttons at the same time till you see the Recovery Options on your screen.
5. Note that it does not matter, If you have installed CWM or TWRP Recovery the options and method is almost same to flash the Custom ROM as Well the GApps.
6. As I have stated earlier, You need to Create Nandroid Backup using the CWM or TWRP Recovery Options, If in case, you want to go Back to your Current ROM.
7. First of all, the important step, you should take first is to Factory Reset your device and clear the cache.
For CWM Recovery – ‘Wipe data/Factory Reset‘.
For TWRP Recovery – Just tap the ‘Wipe‘ button, further Factory Reset.
8. Now finally it is the time flash the Carbon JB Nightly Custom ROM on Galaxy S2.
For CWM Recovery – Select the ‘install zip from SD card‘ and select the Carbon Custom ROM zip file to flash it.
For TWRP Recovery – Tap the ‘Install‘ option and select the Custom ROM file to flash.
9. After flashing the Carbon JB Nightly ROM on Galaxy S2, Using the similar way, also flash the GApps files.
10. After you’ve successfully flashed both files, using the Recovery Options now Reboot your Galaxy S2 I9100.
That’s it folks, these were the steps in order to Install Carbon JB Nightly ROM on Galaxy S2. After you Reboot your device, for the first time, it will probably take some time to normally boot your device. So have patience!!
At the end, By now you should have learned, How to Install Carbon AOSP 4.3 Jelly Bean Custom ROM on Galaxy S2 I9100. If in case, you’re confused at any step, feel free to ask in the comment section for further support. Let us also know, how everything went up for you and share it with your friends :).