The Carbon JB Nightly Mako ROM is now available for Google Nexus 4. You can use this step by step guide, How to install Carbon JB Nightly ROM on Google Nexus 4.
Guidelines and Requirements
1. This Custom ROM installation guide is specifically for Google Nexus 4. Do not try to flash these files on another device. It can brick your device.
2. Make sure you’ve already unlocked Bootloader, Rooted with installed Custom Recovery installed (ClockworkMod or TWRP).
3. There are always chances of losing your data when Rooting or Custom ROM installation, therefore Backup your important data before you proceed further.
4. Also Enable USB Debugging on your Nexus 4, by going to Settings->Developers Options->USB Debugging.
5. Before installing the Custom ROM, make sure you’ve got enough charge on your device, at least 70% is recommended.
6. Last but not the least, This guide is only for educational purposes. Do it on your own risk. We shall not be responsible anything goes wrong with your device. Note that Carbon JB Nightly Custom ROM has already been tested on Google Nexus 4 and is confirmed to be working smoothly.
1. Click Here to Download Carbon JB Nightly ROM for Google Nexus 4.
2. Click Here to Download GApps for Android 4.3 Custom ROMs.
How to Install Carbon AOSP Android 4.3 Custom ROM on Nexus 4
1. First of all, Connect your Nexus 4 to a PC using the USB Cable and transfer the download zip files to the root storage of your device.
2. Once the files are transferred successfully, Switch Off your Nexus 4 and Reboot into Recovery Mode.
Also Read: How to Reboot Nexus 4 into Recovery Mode?
3. An important step which should not be ignored, take a Nandroid Backup of your current ROM using the ClockworkMod or TWRP Recovery.
Also Read: How to Nandroid Backup on Google Nexus 4?
4. Now prepare your Nexus 4 for the Custom ROM installation, by clearing system cache and factory resetting.
For CWM Recovery – Select Wipe data/Factory Reset then Wipe Cache Partition then select Advanced->Wipe Dalvik Cache
For TWRP Recovery – Tap the WIPE option, then Factory Reset and swipe to confirm.
5. Finally your Nexus 4 is ready, to install Android 4.3 Carbon JB Nightly ROM;
For CWM Recovery – Select ‘Install Zip from SD Card’ and navigate to Storage Directory and select Carbon AOSP Custom ROM zip package.
For TWRP Recovery – Tap the ‘Install’ option and select the Carbon AOSP Custom ROM zip package.
6. Once the Carbon JB Nightly ROM is successfully flushed on Google Nexus 4, then use the same method, as in Step 5, and flash the GApps zip file.
7. After everything is done successfully, using the recovery options, Reboot your device. Remember for the first time, it make take some time to boot normally, there is nothing to be worried about, it is normal.
At the end, Hoping that you’ve learned everything step by step, How to safely and successfully install Carbon AOSP Android 4.3 Nightly JB Custom ROM on your Nexus 4. I think, it was a really simple tutorial, but then if you’re confused at any step, let us know in the comment section, and we’ll try to respond quickly and clear your concept. Stay connected with us for more tips and tricks, Updates, Custom ROMs and Root Tutorials.