Finally, Samsung is rolling out Android Marshmallow updates for its flagship devices. The SM-G928C variant of the Galaxy S6 Edge Plus has received an official update of 6.0.1 Marshmallow in Iraq according to Sammobile firmware repository.
It is expected that rest of the regions will soon get the official OTA update, but it will take some more time due to particular legal issues. But did you know? You can still update your Galaxy S6 Edge+ to Android 6.0.1 even if it’s not available in your region. This step-by-step guide will help you to update your phone using Odin and get the latest version of Android without rooting or having Custom ROM.
Requirements and Prerequisites:
- This update is only compatible with Galaxy S6 Edge Plus model no SM-G928C so don’t try to update if you’ve another variant.
- Backup all your important data stored in your device storage using Android backup apps.
- Your device must charge up to 60% to 70%.
- Enable USB debugging by going to Settings > Developers Options and enable USB debugging.
- Download Android 6.0 Marshmallow G928CXXU2BPB8 stock firmware.
- Download Odin3 for Windows and jOdin3 if you’re using Mac.
- Ensure that you’ve installed Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
How to Update Galaxy S6 Edge+ SM-G928C
Step 1: Download the required update files and unzip on your desktop.
Step 2: Power off your device and reboot into download mode; Press and hold down the Volume down + Menu + Power keys simultaneously for 5 to 6 seconds.Volume up to confirm.
Step 3: Run Odin v3.10.
Step 4: Connect your device to PC using the USB cable.
Step 5: Hit the AP button and select the tar.md5 file.
During this your PC might hang for a while, just have patience and let Odin3 handle everything.
Step 6: Leave the Odin3 default settings.
Step 7: Finally hit the Start button to flash the Android 6 Marshmallow stock firmware.
Step 8: Depending on your system, it usually takes 6 minutes to flash stock firmware. When completed your phone will automatically reboot, and Odin will show you with PASS! Notification is confirming that your Galaxy S6 Edge+ SM-G928C has successfully been updated to latest firmware.
Note: For the first time your phone might take more time to boot, just wait. You’ll also notice your phone might become slow after the update, all you’ve to do is hard reset your phone by booting into Recovery Mode; Wipe data & Factory reset and delete all caches should make your phone smooth and faster than before.