You can now easily update Galaxy S4 Mini GT-i9195 to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow using CyanogenMod 13 Custom ROM.
Thanks to the CM team they have finally released Marshmallow build for S4 Mini and definitely a good news for users having Galaxy S4 Mini as Samsung has officially stopped updates and is no longer receiving software updates but thanks to Android developers community who are still releasing latest Android updates.
Guidelines and Requirements:
- This Custom ROM is only compatible with Galaxy S4 i9195 having installed the latest version of TWRP recovery.
- Take Nandroid backup your phone data before you proceed further.
- Enable USB Debugging from Developers options available under Settings.
- Also make sure you’ve got enough battery charge. At least 70% battery charged is recommended to avoid uncertain shutdown during the flashing process.
Update Galaxy S4 Mini i9195 to Android Marshmallow 6.0.1
1. First of all, Connect your phone to PC and transfer the downloaded ROM and GApps zip files to your device.
2. Reboot your phone into Custom recovery. Here is how boot it:
- Turn Off your device.
- Hold the Vol Up+Home+Power buttons simultaneously for a few seconds.
3. Before you make any changes, it’s highly recommended that you take Nandroid Backup of your Current ROM.
Tap the ‘Backup’ option and after that you have to Select the system partition files you want Backup of.
4. In order to prepare your phone for new installations, you have to clear the system cache and factory reset it.
Tap the WIPE option, then Factory Reset and swipe to confirm.
5. Finally your phone is ready for update.
Tap the ‘Install’ option and select the Custom ROM zip package.
6. Once the CyanogenMod 13 ROM for Galaxy S4 Mini is successfully installed, then by using the same method as in Step 5, and flash the GApps zip file.
7. Finally when you’ve successfully flushed the ROM and GApps packages, now reboot your phone using the recovery options, Reboot system now or Reboot.
That’s it! You’ve now updated Galaxy S4 Mini to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Enjoy the latest version of Android and features and do let us know of your experience in the comment section below.