Follow the instructions below to install the TWRP custom recovery on the Samsung Galaxy E5 SM-G500H and G500M variants.
TWRP recovery helps you to flash custom rom of your choice, Mods and take complete backup of your phone. In this post, I will show you the exact steps on how you can easily install twrp recovery on the Galaxy E5 using Samsung flashing tool, called Odin3.
Requirements and Guidelines:
- TWRP recveory is only compatible with the Galaxy E5 model number SM-E500H and E500M. Go to Settings > About and check yours.
- Back up all the important data stored on your device.
- Download TWRP recovery.
- Download Odin3 v3.09 for Windows and Jodin3 for Mac
- Go to Settings > Developers Options and enable USB debugging.
- Install USB drivers or you can download Galaxy E5 USB drivers
Install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy E5 SM-E500H/M
Step 1: Download the required update files and unzip on your desktop.
Step 2: Power off your phone and reboot into download mode; Press and hold down the Volume down + Menu + Power keys simultaneously for 5 to 6 seconds. Volume up to confirm.
Step 3: Run Odin v3.09.
Step 4: Connect your Galaxy E5 to PC using the USB cable.
Step 5: Hit the AP button and select the recovery.tar.md5 file.
Step 6: Leave the Odin3 default settings.
Step 7: Finally hit the Start button to flash the TWRP recovery on the Galaxy E5.
Step 8: Wait for Odin3 and when installation process gets complete, your phone will automatically reboots and Odin will show you with PASS! notification confirming that TWRP recovery has successfully been installed.
You can now confirm and verify the recovery by reboot your E5 into recovery mode.