In this step-by-step rooting guide we’re going to root the AT&T variant of the Samsung Galaxy S4 with the Model number SGH-I337 running the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat Firmware. So let’s move on and learn how to easily gain root access and enjoy root privileges.
Follow the instructions to root your AT&T Galaxy S4 using the CF-root method by the XDA-Developer, Chainfire. Note that this method will trip the knox warranty.
Requirements and Guidelines:
- Rooting your Galaxy S4 voids manufacturer warranty.
- You’ll need a windows based PC.
- Before rooting your phone make sure that you’ve installed the USB drivers on your PC.
- Go to Settings and enable USB debugging.
- Make sure that you’ve got good enough battery charge on your phone.
- CF-AUTO-ROOT-PACKAGE for AT&T Galaxy S4: CF-Auto-Root-jfltecan-jfltevl-sghi337m.zip
- Last but not the least proceed at your own risk
How to Root AT&T Galaxy S4 Using CF-Root
Step 1: First download the required packages to your PC and unzip the files to a suitable location.
Step 2: Run Odin3 v3.07.
Step 3: Reboot your Galaxy S4 into ‘Download Mode’ using the steps explained below:
- Power off
- Holds the Volume Down+Menu+Power buttons for a few seconds till you see a warning message on the screen.
- Hit the Volume Up key to continue.
Step 4: Connect your Galaxy S4 to PC via the USB data cable and check that Odin3 detects your device.
Step 5: Click on the ‘PDA’ button and select the tar.md5 rooted kernel file from the unzipped folder.
Step 6: Next, Click the ‘Start’ button to flash the cf-root package on AT&T Galaxy S4 which will ultimately install SuperSU app.
Step 7: Wait for a while, Once it completes, Odin3 will notify you via the PASS!! message and your phone will automatically reboots.
Step 8: That’s it! Now once your phone reboots, Check that SuperSU has been installed. Open Google Play Store, search for ‘Root Checker’ App, install it and launch to verify to root access.
That’s it guys, It was all you need to know and learn in order to safely and successfully gain root access on your Galaxy S4. Feel free to leave your comments, if in case you’re still confused at any step or having issues while rooting your phone.