Last updated on April 26th, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 was officially released in January, 2014 with latest Android OS 4.4.2 KitKat. If you’ve got hands on this device, you probably would be ambitious to get root access and gain more privileges to install root required apps, Custom Recovery and Custom ROM. Thanks to the Chainfire, guys who released an easy root method for Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 and I tell you that this is the best, easiest and safe way to gain root. So what are you waiting for? Let’s move on and get started to Rooting your device.
Guidelines and Requirements:
- Rooting your phone will voids its warranty. But most of the time, it can be restored by installing Stock ROM Using Odin!!
- The root method is working for all variants of Galaxy Note Pro 12.2, however you’ll need to download the correct rooted kernel for your specific model number. (Download Links are given below for all variants)
- Install USB drivers on your PC. If you’ve installed Samsung Kies that is OK, otherwise download USB drivers.
- Enable USB debugging by going to Settings> Developers Options.
- Before you proceed for the rooting procedure, it is highly recommended that you first check your battery status.
- Last but not the least, proceed at your own risk.
- Odin3 v3.07 – Here
- CF-Root package for Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 SM-P900 (Wi-Fi) – Here
- CF-Root package for Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 SM-P901 (3G) – Here
- CF-Root package for Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 SM-P905 (LTE) – Here
How to Root Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 Using CF-Root (All Variants)
Step 1: Hopefully you’ve downloaded the correct CF-Root rooted kernel for your device. Extract the CF-Auto-Root and Odin3 files on your desktop.
Step 2: Reboot Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 into Download Mode, Here is how to boot it:
– Power off your device.
– Hold the Volume Down+Home+Power button together until you see a warning triangle on your screen.
– Further hit the Volume Up button to enter Download Mode.
Step 3: Double Click on the Odin3 .exe to initiate the rooting process.
Step 4: While in Download Mode, Connect Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 to PC via the USB cable, wait for a moment until Odin recognize your device. Once it makes connection with Odin3, you’ll notice that the ID: COM port will turn blue with the COM port number.
Step 5: In Odin, click the PDA button and select the CF-Auto-Root tar.md5 file.
Step 6: Once you selected the correct file, Hit the Start button to begin the rooting process for Galaxy Note Pro 12.2.
Step 7: Finally when kernel file is successfully flushed, You’ll see the PASS!! message on Odin3 screen and your phone will automatically reboots. You can now disconnect your phone from PC and wait till your device reboots normally.
Step 8: Check that SuperSU has been installed on your device. You can further verify root access by installing ‘Root Checker‘ from Google Play Store to verify root access.
Congratulations!! You have successfully Rooted Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 Running on Android 4.4.2 KitKat Firmware.
That’s it folks, It was all you needed to know and learn in order to safely gain root access. Do not forget to leave feedback once you root your phone, feel free to ask if you do have issues or additional queries, we’ll try our best to help you out. For more Update and Tutorials, keep visiting.
Troubleshooting: How to Fix “Unfortunately, SuperSU has stopped”?
What if you’re experiencing any errors or issues with SuperSU after rooting. Follow the instructions to solve the issue:
- Download and install the latest version of SuperSU from Google Play Store.
- Open SuperSU app (update the binary if prompted) and allow it to disable KNOX.
- Reboot your device.
- That’s it!! It should be working fine.