Nokia has finally entered into the Android era and they have recently released 3 Android Smartphones. I believe that is something, almost everyone is appreciating and this might take Nokia again to its position where it was!! Today, I have got a good news for those who have got Nokia X, the XDA member, Kashamalaga, has got root access using the Framaroot, which ultimately lets you install apps from Google Play Store. It is strange that Nokia X, being an Android Smartphone, does not have Google Play Store, but instead, it has Nokia Store which lets you install Apps. Use this method to get Rooted and then you’ll be able to install Google Play Store on Nokia X. The root method is really easy and simple, you can call it, One-Click Root method. So without wasting any further time, let’s move on to Root Nokia X Using Framaroot.
Guidelines and Requirements:
- Rooting your phone will void its warranty.
- You’ll need Nokia X.
- Download Framaroot v1.9.3 apk.
- Download GApps package for Nokia X (Download Link)
How to Root Nokia X?
1. First of all, download the Framaroot apk from the above link.
2. Once downloaded, transfer the apk file to your phone.
3. Go to Phone Settings, and check allow installations from “Unknown Sources”.
4. On your phone, browse the apk file and install it like a normal apk file.
5. After installing, launch the Framaroot app and tap “Install SuperSU”.
6. Next, Reboot your phone.
Once you’ve rooted Nokia X, its now time to install Google Apps using the GApps for Nokia X. Follow the installations instructions down below.
How to Install GApps?
1. Extract the GApps package and transfer all the apk files to your phone.
3. Copy the extracted apk files to /System/App and change files permissions:
4. Reboot your phone.
5. Finally browse the directory where you’ve earlier placed the apk files and one by one install them like normal apk.
6. Congrats!! Now open Google Play Store and it should be working perfect! First it will ask you for Google Account, just enter your email and password and Enjoy!
That was all, stay tuned for more rooting tutorial, if you found this one a bit weird or confusing!! You can follow the discussion at the official xda thread. Do let us know, how the rooting process went up? If you’ve found it useful and working, do not forget to share it with your friends.