Samsung has started releasing the Android 4.4.2 KitKat updates slowly and gradually for its Galaxy line devices and a good news for the Galaxy S4 LTE-A (SHV-E330S) Korean users, as they have officially received the Android 4.4.2 KitKat KSUCNA7 Firmware via the OTA, If you own it, You probably should have received a system software update, If not then you may follow the step by steps instructions down below to manually update your Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A to official Android 4.4.2 KitKat using Odin.
- Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A (Korea)
- Model: SHV-E330S
- OS: Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- Build Date: 21.01.2014
- Changelist: 385917
- Region: SKT (South Korea)
- Update only works for Galaxy S4 LTE-A Model (SHV-E330S), so therefore do not apply it on another variant.
- Make sure your phone is factory unlocked.
- It can also be applied on a rooted device but you’ll loose root access!! But do not forget that you’re also getting the official and latest Android OS 🙂
- Install USB drivers on your PC. If Samsung Kies is already installed, that is ok,otherwise download here.
- From Settings> Developers Options, Enable USB Debugging.
- Although it is the official KitKat firmware update for Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A but proceed at your own risk.
Procedure: How to Update Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A (SHV-E330S) to Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat
1. First of all unzip/extract the Odin and SKT-E330SKSUCNA7-20140203103037.zip files to a new folder.
2. Launch Odin flashing tool.
3. Reboot your phone into Download Mode:
– Turn Off your device
– Press and Hold the Volume Down + Power buttons together for a few seconds and release it after you just see a warning message on your screen.
– It will ask you to hit the Volume Up to continue into Download Mode.
4. Next, head over to Odin and connect your phone to PC via the USB cable.
– Wait for Odin to recognize your device (Make sure USB drivers are installed).
– Only Check Auto Reboot and F. Reset Times and rest leave the default settings.
5. Finally you’re one step away to flash kitkat official firmware on your Galaxy S4 LTE-A:
- Click the PDA button and select the .tar.md5 file.
- Click the Phone button and select file with MODEM in its name.
- Click the CSC button and select file with CSC in its name.
- Click the PIT button and select the .pit file.
Note – First of all there should be files with above names otherwise if not then ignore such files.
6. It can take up to 3 minutes, so patiently wait for it and once it gets completed, you’ll be given a PASS!! message and your phone will automatically reboots.
Congratulations!! Your phone has successfully been updated to Android 4.4.2 KitKat. In the start up it may take some time to initialize apps.
That’s it folks, it was an easy step by step manual update tutorial for Galaxy S4 LTE-A, Hopefully this has worked for you and you’re running KitKat. Do let us know and share your experience in the comment section below. For more such tutorials and Android Tips stay with us. If you’re having issues or confused at any step, feel free to contact us. Find it useful? Do not forget to share it with your friends using the sharing buttons below.