Samsung has officially started releasing the Android 4.4.2 KitKat OTA updates for its flagship device Samsung Galaxy Note 3, and hopefully soon other will get soon! The variant SM-N900 (Exynos) has got the update in India, Thailand and Russia and it is expected that other regions will soon receive the update. However if you can not wait and still want to update your galaxy note 3 to official android 4.4.2 then use this step by step tutorial to manually update your device.
- Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 3
- Model: SM-N900
- OS: Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- Build Date: 14.01.2014
- Changelist: 376474
- Region: INS (India), SER (Russia), THL (Thailand)
- Use this update guide only for Galaxy Note 3 (Exynos) (SM-N900).
- Your phone should be factory unlocked. It is also compatible for rooted devices but eventually after flashing official firmware, you’ll loose root access but you’ll also get the Android KitKat!!
- It would be wise to take full back of your data stored on your note 3.
- Enable USB Debugging from Android Settings.
- Enough battery charge will be required to safely complete the updating process.
- Last but not the least, Proceed at your own risk.
How to – Update Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat Using the Official XXUDNA6 Firmware
1. First of all extract the INS-N900XXUDNA6-20140126154210.zip (You may have different file name) on your desktop.
2. Hopefully by now you’ve successfully installed USB Drivers on your PC.
3. Unzip the Odin file and double click to launch it.
4. Now, Reboot your phone into Download Mode:
- Press and Hold the Volume Down + Home + Power buttons together for a few seconds and release it when you see a warning message on your screen.
- Volume Up to continue into Download Mode.
5. Connect your phone to PC via the USB Cable, check that Odin has recognized your device, the ID:COM port will either turn yellow or blue depending on the version of Odin you’re using. You’ll also notice Added!! in the Message section of Odin.
6. Only check Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options and rest leave the default Odin settings.
7. Select the following files in Odin from the unzipped firmware folder:
- Click the PDA button and select the .tar.md5 file.
- Click the Phone button and select file with MODEM in its name.
- Click the CSC button and select file with CSC in its name.
- Click the PIT button and select the .pit file.
Note – First of all there should be files with above names otherwise if not then ignore such files.
8. After selecting the files correctly hit the START button to start flashing the Android 4.4.2 XXUDNA6 Firmware update on your Galaxy Note 3.
9. It will not take more than 3 to 4 minutes, depending on your PC and device. Once it gets completed, Odin will notify you via the successful message, which PASS!!.
That’s it folks! You’ve successfully learned how to manually install the latest Android 4.4.2 XXUDNA6 Firmware update on Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900. Do let us and share your experience in the comment section below, if you do need further support or have queries feel free to contact us. For Updates Tutorials stay tuned to the Android Central US.