In the recent month, the international variant of Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 received Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Firmware OTA Update. By now most of you probably would have updated their devices and surely you all would be looking for the Root Tutorial, Follow the complete step by step tutorial in order to safely and successfully gain root access and install Custom Recovery on your device and get ready to start Flashing Custom ROM.
Guidelines and Requirements:
- First of all, Go to Phone Settings> About Phone and Check that you’ve got the Galaxy S3 GT-i9300 Model Number.
- Rooting your device will always voids its manufacturer warranty, so think before you ink.
- Go to Settings tab> Developers Options and Enable USB Debugging. If Developers Option is not enabled then scroll down to About Phone and look for Build Number and tap it for about 7 times and it should be enabled.
- Make sure you’ve already installed, USB Drivers on your PC. If Samsung Kies is installed then that is ok, otherwise Download the Drivers.
- Before you proceed for the Root process it would be nice to check battery charge on your device and make sure that it is enough to continue for installations, otherwise charge your device.
- Last but not the least, Proceed at your own risk.
Root Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300
Step 1. First of all, Download the rooting exploit for Galaxy S3, CF-Auto-Root-m0-m0xx-gti9300.zip.
Step 2. Extract it on your desktop and you’ll get Odin and tar.md5 file.
Step 3. Run Odin3-v1.85.exe on your PC.
Step 4. Reboot your phone into Download Mode:
– Switch Off your phone
– Press and Hold the Volume Down + Home + Power buttons together for a few seconds and release it when you see warning message on your screen.
– After that just hit the Volume Up key and you’re done.
Step 5. While in download mode, Via the USB Cable connect your phone to PC and make sure Odin has recognized your device, the ID:COM port will either turn yellow or blue and you’ll also notice Added!! in the message section.
Step 6. Next, Hit the PDA Button and select the CF-Auto-Root-m0-m0xx-gti9300.tar.md5, file and Click on the START button to start flashing the root exploit.
Step 7. Wait for a few seconds and Odin will notify via the PASS!! message and your phone will automatically reboots.
Step 8. When your phone reboots, just check that SuperSU App has been installed and to verify root access, install the ‘Root Checker‘ App from Google Play Store.
You’ve now successfully Rooted your Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Using CF-Root package and you can start using Apps which requires root access, However if you’re interested in to Flash Custom ROMs, You’ll first need to install Custom Recovery, i.e. CWM or TWRP. Follow further instructions below.
How to – Installing Custom Recovery on Galaxy S3
Step 1. First of all, Launch the Google Play Store App on your device .
Step 2. Search for ‘ROM Manager‘ By ClockworkMod Tools.
Step 3. Install the app and run it on your device.
Step 4. There you should find the Custom Recovery Option, Both ClockworkMod and TWRP are available, Depending on your choice and needs, flash the recovery you like.
Step 5. That’s it! Just check that it has successfully been installed by Rebooting your phone into Recovery Mode. Option is there or you can also boot it manually by Holding the Volume Up + Home + Power buttons simultaneously.
Congrats!! You are now ready to Flash Custom ROMs, App has built-in features to Download and Flash Custom ROMs on your device. At the end, it was an easy tutorial and Hopefully you’ve successfully rooted your device and Custom Recovery is also installed. Do let us know in the comment section and share your experience. If you find it useful, do not forget to use the buttons below and share it with your friends.