Recently, we showed you, How to Update Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 to Android 4.4.2 Jelly Bean, Hopefully you would have successfully updated your phone. For those of you, who are running Android 4.2.2, Follow this step by step root tutorial to safely and successfully gain Root Access on your device. Rooting your device will allows to flash Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP Recovery, using which you can easily Flash Custom ROMs on your phone. So what you’re waiting for? Hurry up and get started for the new Android experience.
Guidelines and Requirements:
- This Android Rooting guide is only meant for Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 GT-i9152, therefore do not try to apply it on another variant or see your device brick.
- Rooting your phone will void its warranty.
- Enable USB Debugging from Settings and Developers Options.
- Before going for the root process check that you’ve got good enough battery charge
- Last but not the least, Proceed at your own risk.
How to Root Galaxy Mega 5.8 GT-i9152 Running on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Firmware
1.First of all Switch off your phone and Reboot it into Download Mode:
– Press and Hold the Volume Down + Home + Power then press again the power button to start the Download mode.
2. Now head over to your computer and run Odin as an administrator.
3. Next, Connect your Galaxy Mega to your computer via the USB cable.
4. In Odin, Make sure that only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time are checked and rest leave the default settings.
5. Click on the PDA button and select the I9152-JB_4.2.2 boot.tar-file you downloaded earlier from your desktop.
6. Click on the Start button to Run the root procedure of and wait for a minute to complete the flashing process. When it completes, Odin will notify you via the PASS!! message and your phone will automatically reboots.
To make sure you’ve successfully rooted your phone, install ‘Root Checker‘ App from Google Play Store and run it to verify root access.
Congrats!! You’ve successfully Rooted Samsung Galaxy Mega 5.8 Running on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Firmware. Hopefully things went smooth for you, without experiencing any errors, let us know and share your experience, feel free to ask for further support if you do have issues with rooting process or confused at any step. Find it Useful? Well, Give a favor using the below sharing buttons and spread our word.