CM11 (CyanogenMod 11) is based on Android 4.4 KitKat and the nightly builds have been released for a number of Android devices and luckily Sprint Galaxy Note 3 is one of them. CyanogenMod is one of my favorite and highly optimized and customized Android OS available for almost any Android phone or tablet and many Custom ROMs available are mostly based on it. Follow the step by step installations instructions to safely install Android KitKat Custom ROM for Sprint Galaxy Note 3.
Guidelines and Requirements:
- Custom ROM installation instructions here are only applicable on Sprint Galaxy Note 3, therefore it is advised not to apply this update on another variant, it can brick your device.
- Root access will be required with Custom Recovery installed i.e CWM or TWRP.
- Perform Nandroid Backup of your current ROM and Settings before you proceed further, if later you decided to go back to your previous ROM, this will help you to revert back using the backup image file.
- Enable USB Debugging from Settings> Developers Options.
- You’ll require to have enough battery charge on your device in order to successfully install Android 4.4 KitKat on your Galaxy Note 3.
- Last but not the least, proceed at your own risk and do not skip any step as stated in the tutorial.
Procedure: How to Install CyanogenMod 11 (Android 4.4.2 KitKat) Nightly Build for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Sprint Variant
Step 1: Connect your Note to PC via the USB Data Cable and transfer the CyanogenMod Nightly Build and GApps zip packages to your Micro SD Card.
Step 2: Now Reboot your phone into Recovery Mode by Holding and Pressing the ‘Volume Up+Home+Power‘ buttons at the same time, till you see the Recovery Options on your screen.
Step 3: Most importantly, take Nandroid Backup:
For CWM Recovery – Select the Backup and Restore Option and then Backup to your internal or external storage.
For TWRP Recovery – Tap the Backup option and then Select the system partition files you want to Backup.
Step 4: Next, prepare your Sprint Galaxy Note 3 for Custom ROM installation by Wiping Cache and Factory Resetting your device.
For CWM Recovery – Select Wipe data/Factory Reset then Wipe Cache Partition then select Advanced->Wipe Dalvik Cache.
For TWRP Recovery – Tap the WIPE option, then Factory Reset and swipe to confirm.
Step 5: Finally Flash CyanogenMod 11 Custom ROM on your Galaxy Note 3:
For CWM Recovery – Select Install Zip from SD Card and navigate to Storage Directory and select CM11 Custom ROM zip package.
For TWRP Recovery – Tap the Install option and select the CyanogenMod 11 Custom ROM zip package.
Step 6: Hopefully by now you should’ve successfully flushed CM11 on your device there is still one file remaining to be flashed, which is GApps, Use the same method as you did in Step 5.
Step 7: Finally once you’ve completed all the steps, You can use the Recovery Options to Reboot your device. Remember for the first your device may take longer to boot normally, it can take up to 5 mins, so have patience and it is normal.
Step 8: Congrats! You’ve successfully installed Android 4.4.2 KitKat Using CM11 Nightly Build on your Sprint Galaxy Note 3.
That was all you needed to know and learn in order to safely and successfully install Android KitKat ROM on your phone.Hopefully things went successfully without experiencing any errors, do let us know and share your experience and feel free to contact us via the comment section below. Find it useful? Well, Do not forget to give us a like or share our content using the buttons below. For more updates and Tutorials stay tuned to Android Central.