Samsung Galaxy Gio is quite old Android Smartphone, which no longer receives official updates due to its hardware limitations. The last time, it officially got the Android 2.3.6 update in 2012, which means you’ll no longer be able to have updates like Android Jelly Bean, But no worries, if you get root access and flash custom recovery, then you’ll be able to Flash Custom ROMs like CyanogenMod and so on, which will help you to taste the Jelly Bean features. Follow the instructions below to get started.
Guidelines and Requirements:
- Warning!! Rooting will definitely voids your phone warranty. So think before you ink 😛
- Keep in mind that this tutorial is specifically for Galaxy Gio GT-S5660 running on Android 2.3.6.
- Backup your data before you proceed for the root process.
- Also Enable USB Debugging by going to your phone settings tab, then scroll down to Developers Options.
- Before you proceed, check that you’ve got enough battery charge on your phone.
- Last but not the least, proceed at your own risk. It is highly recommended that you follow the exact steps and do not skip any step.
- Download Update.zip root exploit package for Galaxy Gio S5660.
- Download ClockworkMode Recovery for Galaxy Gio.
Root Samsung Galaxy Gio GT-S5660
Step 1. First of all, connect your phone to PC and transfer the update.zip file to the root storage of your SD Card.
Step 2. After transferring, disconnect your device.
Step 3. Reboot your phone into stock recovery mode by pressing and holding the Home+Power buttons at the same time, and release the power button when you see the samsung logo on your screen but keep holding the Home button till you see the menu on your screen.
Step 4. You’ll be using the Volume Up/Down keys to highlight options and Power button to select the desired option.
Step 5. Next, select the option update from SD Card and navigate to the storage directory, where you’ve placed the update.zip file and confirm to flash it.
Step 6. Wait for a few seconds and once it gets completed, Using the Reboot System Now, Reboot your phone.
Congrats! You’ve just successfully gain Root Access on your Galaxy Gio. An app called, SuperSU should now be installed on your phone, which confirms and verifies that you were successful in your attempt. Follow the instructions below to install Custom Recovery, which will enables you to Flash Custom ROMs.
Flash ClockworkMod Recovery for Samsung Galaxy Gio
Step 1. Copy the px-cwm-v2.zip file to your SD Card.
Step 2. Reboot your Galaxy Gio to Recovery Mode. (Same method as mentioned above)
Step 3. Now choose the option, update from sd card and browse the px-cwm-v2.zip file and confirm to flash it.
Step 4. Once it is completely flushed, Reboot your phone using the Reboot option.
Step 5. Finally confirm if you’ve successfully installed the Custom Recovery is to Reboot it into Recovery Mode.
That’s it folks, You’ve successfully got Root Access as well as installed ClockworkMod Recovery. Hopefully things went perfect and smooth for you. Do let us know in the comment section and feel free to ask for further support, if you do have any issues or queries. For more Guides and Root Tutorials, Do not forget to visit us back.