Android 4.4 is the new standard of Android OS and many Android Fans are very waiting for the official update on their respective Android Smartphones and Tablets devices. But to be honest, I do think so it will take at least 3 or more months in order to recieve the official 4.4 Update. But don’t worry folks, As usual developers has released the experiemental Android 4.4 Custom ROMs for a limited number of devices as they are still in process of developement. Today we will guide you using the step by step instructions, how to flash Android 4.4 KitKat Custom ROM on Verizon Galaxy S3 (SCH-I535).
Requirements and Guidelines:
1. First of all, Note that this is Unofficial released by CyanogenMod team, you can say it like an Experimental, which also means that it will have some bugs and all the features might not work properly as you may be expecting, so proceed at your own risk.
2. Also it has been reported that TWRP is still not compatible with Android 4.4 KitKat Custom ROMs, so you need to have ClockworkMod or CWM Recovery on your Verizon Galaxy S3.
3. Backup your phone data as well as take the Nandroid Backup using the CWM Recovery.
4. You’ll have to Enable USB Debugging from Developers Options which is located in the Settings tab.
5. Before proceeding to install the Android 4.4 KitKat Custom ROM, Be sure that you’ve got enough battery charge on your GS3.
6. Warning!! Proceed at your own risk.
1. Click Here to Download the Unofficial CyanogenMod 11 Zip Package for Verizon Galaxy S3.
2. Click Here to Download GApps zip package for Android 4.4 KitKat Custom ROMs.
3. Click Here to Download SuperSU zip Package for Verizon GS3.
How to Install Android 4.4 KitKat Custom ROM for Verizon Galaxy S3 Using Custom Recovery
1. Connect your Galaxy S3 to PC via the USB Cable and move the downloaded files to the root storage of your internal storage. Do not extract the files.
2. After successfully moving the CM11, GApps and SuperSU zip packages, Now disconnect your phone and Reboot it into CWM Recovery by Pressing and Holding the Volume Up+Home+Power Keys together at the same time.
3. As I said before, It is highly recommended to take Nandroid Backup of your current ROM, so that you have a Restore Backup, if in case you want to switch back to your present ROM and Settings.
4. Now in order to prepare your GS3 for new installtions, take the following actions:
-Wipe Data/Factory Reset
-Wipe Dalvik Cache
4. Next, choose the ‘install zip from sd card’ option and browse the CM11 Custom ROM file from where you’ve put the downloaded files, and confirm to flash it.
5. Once that is flushed successfully, Repeat the same method to flash the GApps zip package.
6. After that, do not forget to also flash the SuperSU zip package using the same method as you did in the above steps.
8. Finally wait for your device to boot normally, once it normally starts, you should be having Android 4.4 installed on Verizon Galaxy S3.
That’s it folks, How easy it was to Update your Verizon Galaxy S3 to Android 4.4 KitKat Using the CyanogenMod 11 Custom Build. Hopefully you’ve successfully installed it on your phone and do not forget to let us know about the latest features of Android 4.4. For More Updates and Tutorials like this, Do not forget to visit us back.