Samsung Galaxy S4 Active is the water resistant variant of the GS4 series. Last week, Samsung Officially released the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Firmware XXUBMK2 Update for Galaxy S4 Active via the OTA, and as usual many of you, probably would have not recived the OTA Notification on your phone, but that is not a big issue folks!! Follow the below step by step instructions, How to Manually Update Galaxy S4 Active to Official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.
Guidelines and Requirements:-
1. First note that, this manual installation guide is only for Galaxy S4 Active (GT-I9295), and do not try to flash these files on another variant of Galaxy S4.
2. Second, Make sure that your phone is factory unlocked. This is compatible with for both Rooted and Stock Galaxy S4 Active. However applying this update on a rooted phone will bring your phone to stock factory settings and you’ll loose root access. But don’t worry we’ll soon post a root tutorial.
3. You’ll need to Enable USB Debugging by navigating to Menu, Settings and Developers Options. If you’re unable to find the Developers Options then do the following:
-In the Settings tab, scroll down to ‘About Phone‘.
-Next, Tap the ‘Build Number‘ for about 7 times.
-That’s it! you should now see it in the Settings tab.
4. Make sure you’ve already installed the Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
5. You’ll need to have enough battery charge on your phone so that the uncertain shutdown during the installation process is avoid.
6. Warning!! Last but not the least, Proceed at your own risk.
1. Click Here to Download Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean XXUBMK2 Firmware Update for Samsung Galaxy S4 Active.
2. Click Here to Download Odin.
3. Click Here to Download Samsung USB Drivers for your PC. If you’ve already installed samsung kies or drivers then there is no need to download this file.
How to Manually Update Galaxy S4 Active to Official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean XXUBMK2 Firmware Using Odin
1. First of all, Be sure that you’ve installed the USB Drivers on your PC. After then extract the download files on your desktop.
2. Now run Odin3 application on your PC and make sure to that the ‘Auto Reboot’ and ‘F. Rest Time’ is only checked and rest leave the default settings in Odin menu.
3. Next, Turn Off your Galaxy S4 Active and Reboot it into Download Mode:
– Press and Hold the Volume Down+Home+Power buttons together for a while till you see a warning message on your screen.
– Then Hit the Volume Up key to confirm Download Mode on your GS4 Active.
4. Finally, Connect your phone to PC via the USB Cable. But here make sure that Odin has recognized your device, the ID:COM port will either turn blue or yellow and also you should notice an Added!! in the Message section of Odin.
5. Now you’re finally ready to flash the Android 4.2.2 Firmware Update on your Galaxy S4 Active.
– Hit the PDA Button and select the firmware update file from the extract folder.
– Next hit the START Button, to start flashing the Android 4.2.2 Update on your GS4 Active.
6. It should take time for odin to completely flash the update, so have patience! Once it gets completed, Odin will notify you via the PASS!! Notification and you should see, Your Phone will automatically reboot.
Once your phone starts normally, it should have the latest Android 4.2.2 Firmware installed. To make sure you’re updated, Navigate to Menu->Settings and Check about phone info.
So that’s it folks, How to Easily and Manually Flash the Android 4.2.2 Firmware Update on Galaxy S4 Active GT-I9295 using Odin. Hopefully by now should have learned, How to manually update your phone, if for some reasons you’re unable to get the OTA Update Notification on your android device. For More Updates, News, Reviews and Root Tutorials, Do not forget to visit us back.