You may have heard that Samsung is rolling out Android 4.3 Jelly Bean OTA updates for Samsung Galaxy S4, but unfortunately Verizon Galaxy S4 is not of them and recently has got Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Firmware VRUDMI1 update. So it means you’ve to wait a bit more to experience the amazing and improved features of Android 4.3 on your Verizon Galaxy S4. However you can update your Verizon GS4 to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, only if you’re rooted and have installed Custom Recovery on your Galaxy S4. But again that is something not officially released by Samsung, they are just Custom ROMs developed by third party developers like Carbon ROMs, CyanogenMod, Omega ROMs and so on. If you really do want to stick with the officials OS and don’t want to void your device warranty then probably you will have to wait for the OTA updates. At this time Samsung has officialy released the VRUDMI1 Android 4.2.2 Firmware, which will not void your device warranty and is perfect and have bugs fixes unlike custom ROMs.
If you’re interested in upgrading your Verizon Galaxy S4 to VRUDMI1 Android 4.2.2 Firmware, then follow the step by step guide, How to Update Verizon Galaxy S4 I545 to Andriod 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Firmware. The turtorial is extremely easy and step by step, using the tutorial, you’ll be able upgrade your Galaxy S4 to Andrioid 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.
Before we get started, there are certain requirements and guidelines you need to follow in order to safely and successfully update your Galaxy S4 I545 to VRUDMI1 Android 4.2.2 Firmware.
Guidelines and Prerequisites:
1. The Update Guide is only for Verizon Galaxy S4 I545, Therefore do not try to flash these files on another variant of Samsung Galaxy S4.
2. During the latest firmware installation, you may loose all your data, therefore it is recommended to Backup your phone data now.
3. Enable USB Debugging on your Verizon Galaxy S4 by going to Settings->Developers Options and Check USB Debugging.
4. Also make sure you’ve already installed Samsung USB Drivers on your PC. If you have already installed Samsung Kies then that is ok, otherwise download the drivers from the link given below in the download section.
5. This one is also important point, You should have atleast 80% Battery charged on your Galaxy S4 I545 in order to avoid uncertain shutdown during the update installation via Odin.
6. Proceed at your own risk. We shall not be responsible if during the update something goes wrong with your device. Note this is the official firmware update and has already been tested on a number of Verizon GS4 devices and is confirmed to working perfectly. Do not skip any step in the tutorial.
1. Click Here to Download Andriod 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Firmware Update for Verizon Galaxy S4 I545.
2. Click Here to Download Odin V3.07.
3. Click Here to Download Samsung USB Drivers for Galaxy S4, if you’ve already not installed on your PC.
How to Update Verizon Galaxy S4 I545 to Andriod 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Firmware (Step by Step Tutorial)
1. First of all extract the download files on your desktop and make sure you’ve installed usb drivers.
2. Now Reboot your Galaxy S4 I545 into Download Mode by Pressing and Holding the Volume Down+Home+Power buttons at the same time.
3. After then run the Odin3 v3.07.exe and connect your Verizon Galaxy S4 I545 to PC via the USB Cable and make sure at this point Odin recognizes your Galaxy S4. The ID:COM port will either turn bule or yellow when it recognizes your device and also you’ll notice the Added!! in the message section of Odin.
4. Once your device successfully connected to PC, without making changes in Odin, hit the PDA button and select the update file which will in the tar.md5 format. After selecting the file just hit the START button.
5. Now wait for Odin to flash the VRUDMI1 Android 4.2.2 Firmware update on your GS4. Once it gets completed, Odin will notify you using the green labeled PASS!! Message and during this your Verizon Galaxy S4 will also be rebooted.
6. That’s it folks, when your device reboots, you’ll be having VRUDMI1 Android 4.2.2 Firmware update installed on your Verizon Galaxy S4.
Hopefully you’ve found the tutorial useful and by now should have learned, How to Update Verizon Galaxy S4 I545 to Official Andriod 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Firmware using Odin. For more Updates, Root Tutorials and Tips and Tricks stay connected with us.