This Step by Step Root Tutorial, Will help you to get Root Access on your Sprint Galaxy Note 3 Using the CF-Auto Root package, later you’ll also be guided to flash TWRP Teamwin Custom Recovery, Which will help you to flash Custom ROMs.
Guidelines and Requirements:
1. Root Tutorial is specifically for Sprint Galaxy Note 3 Model Number N900P. Do not try this on another variant of Note 3.
2. Rooting will definitely void your phablet warranty.
3. On your Note 3, Navigate to Menu->Settings->Developers Options. If you’re unable to find Developers options, then go to About Device and Tap the Build Number for about 7 times and you should be notified that Developers Option has been enabled.
4. As a precaution, Backup your Phone data.
5. You should have at least 60% Battery Charge on your phablet in order to avoid sudden shutdown during the rooting process.
6. Warning!! Proceed at your own risk.
1. Click Here to Download CF-Root Package for Sprint Galaxy Note 3.
2. Click Here to Download Odin.
3. Click Here to Download TWRP 126.96.36.199 – TeamWin Recovery for Galaxy Note 3.
How to Root Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (N900P) Using CF-Root
1. First of all unzip the downloaded files on your desktop, and make sure you’ve installed the USB Drivers on your PC.
2. Now run the Odin on your PC and Reboot your Galaxy Note 3 into Download Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down+Home+Power Buttons at the same time, till you see a warning message on your screen. After then hit the Volume Up button to confirm download mode.
3. While in download mode connect your Sprint Galaxy Note 3 to PC via the USB Cable. Be sure that Odin has recognized your Note 3, the ID:COM will either turn blue or yellow and you should also note the Added!! in the message section of Odin.
4. Next, Hit the PDA Button in Odin and Select CF-Auto-Root-hltespr-hltespr-smn900p.tar.md5 file and then START button to Root your Sprint Galaxy Note 3.
5. When the rooting process gets completed, Odin will notify you via the PASS!! Message on Odin screen and at this instance your device will automatically reboot.
6. You should now be rooted and check the SuperSU App on your Apps menu, to verify root access, go to Google Play Store and search for ‘Root Checker’ and install it on your phablet and then run to verify root access on sprint galaxy note 3.
So far, we’ve just got Root access on Galaxy Note 3, Now follow the down below instructions to flash the TWRP Teamwin Recovery on your phablet, which will let you flash the Custom ROMs on your device.
How to Install TWRP Teamwin Recovery on Galaxy Note 3
1. As you did before, Reboot your Galaxy Note 3 into Download Mode.
2. Then open the Odin application.
3. Hit the PDA button and select the TWRP Recovery image file from your desktop and then Hit the START button. Now just wait for Odin to successfully flash the TWRP Custom Recovery. Just like before when it gets completed, you’ll be notified and your phablet will automatically reboots.
4. Now just to verify you’ve successfully flashed the TWRP Recovery, Hold and Press the Volume Up+Home and Power buttons simultaneously until you see the TWRP Recovery options on your screen.
That’s it folks, By now, You should have learned, How to Easily and Safely Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Sprint Galaxy Note 3. Hopefully you’ve gone through all the steps successfully and if somehow you’re still confused at any step, feel free to ask in the comment section. Also, Do not forget to visit us back for more Updates and Tutorials.