Slim ROM is based on Android 4.3 and CyanogenMod and is a fantastic and elegantly designed Custom ROMs which are available for various Android Phone and Tablets. One of the main benefits of Rooting is to install the Custom ROMs. These ROMs are developed and designed with great care, they do spend a lot of their hard work and energies to create such great ROMs for free, they do deserve your appreciation and donations if you can afford!!
Custom ROMs do have the capability and tweaks to improve the overall performance which includes performance, stability and Battery life. If you’ve got Root Access on Galaxy Note and Custom Recovery is also installed, then what are you waiting for? Follow the step by step Custom ROM installation to install the Official Slim ROM which is obviously based on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.
Guidelines and Requirements:
1. Use this tutorial only for Galaxy Note 2 N7100, do not try to flash these files on another variant or Samsung device, otherwise you end up bricking your phone.
2. Make sure you’ve already got root access on your Galaxy Note 2 and also ClockworkMod or TWRP custom Recovery should be installed, which will help you to flash the Slim Android 4.3 ROM.
3. Installing the new rom will obviously erases and wipes all data on your phone, it is recommended to Backup your phone data, before you try to install the custom rom.
4. Then on your Note 2, go to Menu-Settings->Developers Options and at last Enable the USB Debugging.
5. Check that you’ve got enough battery charge on your device, I would recommend you to have 80% battery charge in order to avoid uncertain shutdown during the installation time.
6. Warning!! Proceed at your own risk.
1. Click Here to Download Slim ROM Android 4.3 Update zip package for Galaxy Note 2 I7100.
2. Click Here to Download Slim GApps for Android 4.3 Custom ROM.
How to Install the Official Slim Android 4.3 Custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100
1. At first you should copy the downloaded files to the internal storage of your Galaxy Note 2.
2. When files are completely and successfully transferred, disconnect your phone from PC and Reboot Note 2 into Custom Recovery.
3. You may have either installed ClockworkMod or TWRP, the process of installation using both recoveries is same, but then I have given the separate instructions for each.
4. The first thing using the recovery you should do is to take Nandroid Backup of your current ROM and Settings, so that later you may want to Restore back to your current ROM, it will help you do it.
5. Then Apply the Wipe Data and Factory Reset using the recovery:
For CWM Recovery – Select Wipe data/Factory Reset then Wipe Cache Partition then select Advanced->Wipe Dalvik Cache.
For TWRP Recovery – Tap the WIPE option, then Factory Reset and swipe to confirm.
6. Next, Install the Official Slim ROM for N7100 4.3 build 2.
For CWM Recovery – Select ‘Install Zip from SD Card’ and navigate to Storage Directory and select Slim-n7100-4.3.build.2-OFFICIAL-1325, Custom ROM zip package from the internal storage directory.
For TWRP Recovery – Tap the ‘Install’ option and select the Slim-n7100-4.3.build.2-OFFICIAL-1325 zip package from the internal storage of your Note 2.
7. Just wait for the installation process, when it gets completed, Repeat Step 6 to install the Slim AIO Gapps 4.3 zip package.
8. Finally when all the steps completed successfully, Use the Reboot System now on CWM and Reboot on TWRP Recovery to Reboot your Galaxy Note 2.
Congrats folks, that’s it, if you’ve followed along, there is no doubt to you would’ve successfully installed the Slim ROM Android 4.3 Build 2 on your Galaxy Note 2. I am just hoping that on the back side of the mirror! everything went perfect. Let us know in the comment section, how things went for you. For More Tutorials, Updates and Apps do not forget to visit us again. Take Care 🙂