Last updated on November 26th, 2014
Google Nexus 4 is one of the best Android Smartphone manufactured by LG Inc. If you’ve owned this amazing device, You may be interested to modify and enhance the overall performance of your device, like Rooting and Installing Custom Recovery, which then lets you install Custom ROM’s and other Apps which requires root access. In order to Root your Nexus 4 or install custom recovery like ClockworkMod or TWRP, probably at first you need to Unlock Bootloader then you can proceed further and can then go for rooting and other stuffs.
If you’re looking for a safe guide to Unlock Bootloader on your Nexus 4, then you’re on the right place. I have given the step by step instructions, How to Unlock Bootloader on Google Nexus 4.
Before we move on, there are certain things you should know, in order safely unlock your nexus 4:
- Unlocking Bootloader voids your device warranty.
- Unlocking Bootloader also erases all data from your device, therefore it is recommended that you Backup your important data.
- Last but not the least, You’re doing this at your own risk.
Tutorial: How to Unlock Bootloader on Google Nexus 4
1. First of all, you’ll to have Setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC.
2. Now once you’ve perfectly setup ADB&Fastboot on your pc, now let’s go STAR Menu->RUN->And Type ‘cmd’ and hit enter to open command window.
3. Now in the command window, Type the following and hit enter;
4. It will list your device, make sure you see device listed, otherwise check that you’ve successfully setup ADB and Fastboot.
5. Now moving further, now in the command windows, type the following to boot your Nexus 4, into Bootloader mode;
adb reboot bootloader
6. Then type and enter;
fastboot oem unlock
7. At this stage, your device will ask you, if you really want to unlock bootloader on your device, using the volume button highlight ‘yes’, and hit the power button.
8. That’s it, you’ve successfully unlocked bootloader on your Nexus 4, now just reboot your device.