Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 was released with Android 4.1.2, now recently the company has released the OTA Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update, If for some reasons you were unable to Update your Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean, then you’re in the perfect place to update your Grand Duos android device.
We will guide you, using step by step instructions, How to Manually Update Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 to Android 4.2.2. But before moving on further there are certain guidelines and prerequisites that you know and do in order to successfully update Grand Duos I9082.
Preparing Your Device
- This manual update guide is only for Galaxy Grand Duos I9082. Therefore, do not try this on another device. (It may brick your device!!!)
- The guide is for both users, Rooted and Non-Rooted devices. (If you want to reclaim warranty on your rooted Galaxy Grand Duos, then installing this official firmware will reclaim your warranty) 🙂
- This Update is Officially released by Samsung Inc, so there is no need to worry, when updating your device.
- Backup your device, if you really do have important data on your device. Or if you are already rooted, you can also create Nandroid Backup using CWM or TWRP Recovery.
- Make sure you have got enough charge on your device. At least 70% battery is recommended.
- Also Enable USB Debugging on Galaxy Grand Duos I9082, by going to Settings->Developers Options->USB Debugging.
- The firmware has been tested on several devices, and is confirmed to work only with Galaxy Grand Duos I9082.
- Last but not the least, You’re doing this at your own risk. If you really don’t know, what you’re doing with your device, it’s better not to play with your device.
- Click Here to Download the Official Android 4.2.2 Firmware Update for Galaxy Grand Duos I9082.
- Click Here to Download Odin3-V3.07
- Click Here to Download Samsung USB Drivers if you have already not installed on your PC.
How to Manually Update Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 to Android 4.2.2
1. First of all extract the Odin zip file and run the odin.exe on your PC.
2. Now you need to Reboot your Galaxy Grand Duos into Download Mode. Here is how to do it:
- First Switch-Off your Galaxy Grand
- Then Press and Hold the ‘Volume Down+Home+Power’ Buttons at the same time, till you see the warning screen.
- Now just hit the Volume Up button to enter download mode.
3. Once in the download mode, connect your device using the data cable to your PC.
4. Now again come to Odin screen, and make sure it has detected your device, the ID:COM port when yellow or blue means that it has detected your device. Otherwise try changing the USB port or try reinstalling the USB drivers.
5. One more thing to do with Odin, is make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time is checked.
6. Now finally you can hit the PDA button and browse the Official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Firmware file you’ve downloaded earlier.
7. After then, click on the START Button, to start flashing the Android 4.2.2 Update on your Galaxy Grand Duos I9082.
8. You should have patience, because it can take time depending on your device and PC.
9. Once it gets completed, Odin3 will notify you and your device will Rebooted automatically.
10. Now just wait for your device to boot normally. You’ll have Android 4.2.2 Jellybean installed on Grand Duos I9082 with improved performance and features.
That’s it folks, I tried my best, to make everything as simple as possible, so that you can easily understand it and update your Grand Duos.
At the end, hoping that you’ve learned, How to manually install the Official Android 4.2.2 Jellybean Firmware on your Grand Duos I9082 Smartphone. If you need further support let us know in the comment section.