Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 was officially released with Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean in June 2013. Many users were experiencing some bugs, therefore Samsung Officially released the new OTA Firmware XWUAMH1 update for Galaxy Tab 3 8.0. If you had the same case, and still unable to update your Galaxy Tab 3, this follow this step by step guide, how to manually install Official Android 4.2.2 Firmware XWUAMH1 update on Galaxy Tab 3.
Guidelines and Prerequisites
1. This manual firmware update guide is only for Galaxy Tab 3.0 T311. Do not try to flash these files on another device or variant of Galaxy Tab 3.0, it may brick your device.
2. The update guide for both users, Rooted and Non-Rooted.
3. This guide is specifically aimed for Windows users.
4. First of all Install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
5. Backup your important data before you proceed further, otherwise you’ll lose your data, when updating your device.
64. You’re also supposed to Enable USB Debugging on Galaxy Tab 3 8.0, by going to Settings->Developers Options->USB Debugging. If you’re unable to see the Developers options in your settings, then go to About Device->and tap the Build Number for about 7 times.
7. An important point, you should have at least 80% battery charge on your Galaxy Tab 3.
8. Last but not the least, You’re doing this at your own risk. We shall not be responsible, if something goes wrong with your device. This guide is only for Educational purposes. Also note that this is the Official Firmware Update released by Samsung and has been tested and is confirmed to be working with Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 Model Number T311.
1. Click Here to Download Samsung USB Drivers for Galaxy Tab 3 8.0.
2. Click Here to Download Odin3 V3.07.
3. Click Here to Download Latest Android 4.2.2 Firmware Update for Galaxy Note 3 8.0 T311.
How to Manually Install Official Stock Android 4.2.2 Firmware XWUAMH1 Update on Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 (T311)
1. Hopefully you’ve first downloaded the required files and have installed the USB drivers on your PC.
2. Unzip the Odin3 and Update package on your desktop.
3. Run the Odin3 v3.07.exe application on your PC.
4. Now Reboot your Galaxy Tab 3 8.o into Download Mode. Here is how to do it;
- First of all Switch Off your Galaxy Tab 3.
- Now Press and Keep holding the ‘Volume Down+Home+Power’ buttons at the same time till you see, a warning message on your screen.
- After then just press the Volume Up button and you’re in download mode.
5. While in download mode, Connect your Tab 3 to a PC using the USB cable. At this point make sure Odin recognizes your Galaxy Tab 3, you’ll see added!! In the message section of Odin and also the ID:COM will turn Yellow or Blue.
6. In the Odin, Click on PDA button and select the Firmware Update file and Hit the START Button.
7. Now wait and have patience while Odin flashes the new update file on your Galaxy Tab 3 8.0. Once it gets completed, Odin will notify you using the PASS!! Message and your device will Reboot automatically.
8. Now once your Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 starts, it will be running the new firmware update XWUAMH1, with improved features and bug fixes.